PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Powerclip in Corel 12

Tom Cullen
08-20-2006, 7:19 PM
Here's an odd problem I hope someone can help with? I'm using Corel 12 and trying to insert a powerclip into a circle. I select my image and then use the arrow to say insert powerclip, that works just fine and on the working page everything looks normal , I can even edit and save the project with no visable issues. The problem is when I engrave, it actually shows the whole picture behind the circle. Imagine a circle with a square behind it and you have an idea of what I'm trying to explain, except the square is the actual picture that was supposed to be powerclipped and contained within the circle. I have went over this many times and know I am doing it right , after all it's just a few steps. With the photo selected ,Powerclip + select circle, insert clip here+edit and save etc. Anyone ever have this problem?

Tom

Michael McCullock
08-21-2006, 10:29 AM
Hi Tom
I have had the same problem with a GCC Laser
What type of machine are you using?

Jerry Allen
08-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Do this in Draw:
Open a file or start a new doc.
Go to Tools menu/Options/Global/Printing/Driver Compatiblity
Chose your laser in the Printer drop down box.
Check (on) "Use Software Clipping For Fills".

I have notified GCC about this but they don't seem to take it seriously.
At least they should say something in the manual.
Corel does not explain this clipping function either.
The reason I figured it out is that I used to have a similar problem with HP plotters with certain designs and software clipping was the fix.

related thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=16363&highlight=software+clipping

Tom Cullen
08-21-2006, 3:39 PM
Thanks guy's
I have a laserpro explorer II 30w and will give your advice a shot when I get home from work tonight. Sounds like Jerry has hit the nail on the head.This problem has been bothering me for a while , I even went as far as to uninstall the software a bunch of times and run updates but that had no effect. It never dawned on me it could be a driver compatibility problem.

Tom

Tom Cullen
08-21-2006, 8:24 PM
Jerry ,
just one other question, do you have to do this everytime you want to use the powerclip? or can it be set as default

Jim A. Walters
08-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Tom,

If you go to Tools>Options>Document and check "Save Options as Defaults for new Documents", it should stick.

Jim

Jerry Allen
08-22-2006, 9:25 AM
Once you set it, it will remain that way. No need to Save...