PDA

View Full Version : Possible trip next weekend to South CA.

Dave Smith
08-19-2006, 9:02 PM
I may be taking my grand daughter to Victorville next weekend. Probably not going to make connection with anyone on the way down. Any takers for a visit on the way back? I am not going into the LA basin but I will take short side trips from Bakersfield on up to Washington.

Dave Smith

Chauffeuring and more from Longview, WA.

Mark Rios
08-19-2006, 9:13 PM
You're probably going to take I-5 up and back but if you decide to make the trip up from Bakersfield on Highway 99 then stop in Modesto for a bite. Modesto is about 2 hours north of Fresno. Since I-5 and 99 both run through Bakersfield and they run parallel up through Sacramento there isn't any time lost heading north. Getting back on I-5 from Modesto is a breeze, the two freeways run very close together just above Modesto and the transition from 99 to 5 is quick and painless. There is a 65 mph freeway connector between the two that runs through Stockton. The connection between 5 and 99 takes all of 4 minutes. Couldn't be easier.

You'll be the first taker on the "any flavor you want" ice cream offer. Let me know.

Dave Smith
08-20-2006, 1:07 AM
Did some body say ice cream? We usually take 99 between Sacramento and Bakersfield. I will keep you in mind as the plans get finalized.

Dave Smith

Turning chain pulls in Longview, WA.

Dave Smith
08-21-2006, 9:06 PM
I just found out I won't be taking the trip after all. Subject to change without notice.

Dave Smith

Waiting for some one to make up my mind in Longview, WA.