PDA

View Full Version : Well it's a small but important double gloat

Bart Leetch
08-19-2006, 7:26 PM
I've been using 2 cardboard barrels about this size for several years & hated trying to get the garbage bags out of them plus they were not flame proof & didn't have lids.

Anyway I'm much happier with these 2 20 gallon cans than the cardboard barrels.:)

John Kain
08-19-2006, 7:29 PM
LOL.

I love it.

I'm using a couple 5 gallon buckets for scraps and throwaways. That is definately a gloat if you don't have them...:D

Jake Helmboldt
08-19-2006, 8:43 PM
Look at the shine on those things; are those galvanized? NICE score Bart, more old school and retro compared to my Rubbermaid rig.:p

What kind of bags are you runnin' in that pair of cans?

Jake

Bart Leetch
08-19-2006, 8:52 PM
Just heavy duty bags purchased in bulk through our supplier. I went with galvanized because of fire resistance.

brett widenhouse
08-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Nice Cans !!!

Allen Bookout
08-19-2006, 10:58 PM
I think that you won the prize for the best "Original Gloat".

Congratulations! Allen

Cliff Rohrabacher
08-20-2006, 1:18 PM
Hmmm an improvement over my method.

I use a gravity actuated system that invokes gas bearings for scrap storage, handling, and management.

It can be a tad cumbersome at times.

It is rather sophisticated as I employ various immutable rules of physics, coupled with a rather large hard working area for final disposition..

Essentially the system uses the gravitational pull of the earth to initiate the system as well as to power the subsequent Components of the system.

The nice thing about it is, that because I draw all my power from a fairly sophisticated gravity well, I never run out of power and never spend a nickel on power.

I use a short throw gravity well to draw my scrap pieces down a gaseous track which guides the scrap to it's designiated location. I have managed to eliminate the inherrent problems in a gas bearing mechanism that would arise in a dusty milieu coupled with irregular and variously sized scrap. It works flawlessly.

When I set this system up I didn't quite know what I was getting to. Let me tell you it was a challange.

It works like this:
I shove the scrap pieces off my saw or table onto the floor where they sit till I get sick and tired of tripping over them.

Ray Bersch
08-20-2006, 1:56 PM
Yep, its a rainy day here too.

Greg Koch
08-20-2006, 2:55 PM
Nice score!

All I have now is a Rubbermaid container that is always slipping off the paint cans it's sitting on (different sizes)... I gotta check out your source! :D