PDA

View Full Version : Delta Unisaw 34-834? HUGE jointer and which saw to buy quandary......................

Mark Rios
08-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Has anyone heard of this model? I can't find it doing a search. (Maybe I need to take a course on searching) No extra table, just the standard two solid cast iron wings. I saw this TS at the local industrial tool supply store. It was in old condition. :rolleyes: It's 3 hp. It has an old Vega fence, with extra long rails, that wouldn't adjust when I tried to move it. I didn't try to force it though but I did give it a good tug.

They were asking $899. I tried to hold back my gasp.

However, they did have a old, used, HUGE jointer. The actual bed width is approx. 16" wide. The only identifying info that I could find on it was the Name "American" way in the back under the fence slide bed thingy. They wanted $800 for that.

Anyway, I'm' trying to decide if I should ask the guy with the other Delta that I posted about if he'd take $900 for the (right tilt) Limited Edition Unisaw with the 7' rails (I'd have to cut down the rails) set-up that he has OR if I should just buy a new Griz 1023SL???

Any ideas, advice, opinions?

Thanks very much.