PDA

View Full Version : Back after reality check.

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
08-18-2006, 9:25 PM
Hi, Fellow creekers, Just a note to say that nothing went right after I sold my house. I won't bore you with the details, but I couldn't buy a 60 year old 12' wide on a lot in California for what I got for my two story Victorian in Texas. So I am back in Kyle, Texas and getting settled in my new house. Forget about being near relatives in old age. Glad to see the Creek is still flowing and the regulars and new people are still posting. Probably won't be posting much but I will be reading.

John Kain
08-18-2006, 9:32 PM
That's California for you. Sorry you couldn't get near the relatives, but not too many can justify the expenses of living in California. I surely never would. Here's hoping the new home is good to you.

PS There is nothing bad about living in Texas my friend.

Brett Baldwin
08-18-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry to hear that things went so poorly for you. The California housing market is truly insane. We have many former Californians that sold their shanty in Cali so they could buy a small mansion here. I am very glad I bought my house five years ago because I couldn't afford it now that the influx of Californians has driven the housing market to more than double in the last five years. I hope things work out better for you from now on.

Bruce Page
08-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Good to see you back Don. I grew up in So Cal, San Fernando Valley. I recently check the property value on the little ranch house that my parents paid $7500 for in 1950. It was listed at almost 600K! Unbelievable!

Jim Becker
08-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Don, "Stuff happens", but I'm glad you were able to get things sorted out and are into a new home that hopefully fits your needs well. I do hope you'll do more than just lurk...you have a lot of wonderful experience that folks can benefit from!

Don Baer
08-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Don, "Stuff happens", but I'm glad you were able to get things sorted out and are into a new home that hopefully fits your needs well. I do hope you'll do more than just lurk...you have a lot of wonderful experience that folks can benefit from!

Don,
I fully understand where your comming from. I migrated from California to AZ for just that reason.

db

Martin Shupe
08-19-2006, 1:07 AM
Don,

I am so glad you are back, no matter where you are living. I always read your posts, and enjoy the wisdom you are so willing to share with the rest of us.

We missed you while you were gone, here and at WC.

Norman Hitt
08-19-2006, 1:13 AM
Don, sorry it didn't work out as planned, and I know what it's like to want to be closer to children as we get older, (and mine are only about 6 hrs away).

In view of it all though, here's a big WELCOME HOME, and we're glad to have you back in Texas and back on the forum. I hope all that traveling wasn't too hard on the LOYL.

Robert E Lee
08-19-2006, 4:19 AM
Don, it is good to hear from you.
Bob

Cecil Arnold
08-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Don, it's good to see you back on the creek.