PDA

View Full Version : Gloat.....

John Kain
08-18-2006, 5:00 PM
3 big presents for me this last week! First an 18V Makita cordless drill. Second, the porter cable dovetail jig. Third, a Woodcraft sharpening wheel.

I just opened the dovetail jig and sharpening wheel so I haven't tried either yet. I can't wait. One was an anniversary present, the other a birthday present. Gotta love the wife and kids, huh?

The Makita I bought off e-bay, so it's without a battery/charger. I'll have to eventually get those. I'll eventually get those in time for winter. I work in the garage, so it's tough getting anything done this time of year in Georgia.

Here's a toast to my wife and kids! I'll give everyone an eval of the Woodcraft power sharpener soon. I just couldn't take the leap into a Makita for as much as they cost. My wife got the Woodcraft version for $64 with a coupon she hid from me. Even if it just does a decent job at rough sharpening blades, then I'll finish the job with the Veritas sharpening set. Win-Win either way I suppose!

tod evans
08-18-2006, 5:04 PM
gloat? i see no tools........ been dreaming about the wife bearing gifts?

congratulations john. tod

John Kain
08-18-2006, 5:19 PM
OK, here's the pics!

The last is the bookcase (for my son's room) I finished over a month ago that is sitting in my sweltering garage for the temps to go down for me to finish.

tod evans
08-18-2006, 5:34 PM
okay all is well in bedrock.....nice scores!

Brad Townsend
08-18-2006, 7:59 PM
I've got one of those Woodcraft sharpeners. I use it to resharpen my "disposable" DeWalt planer blades. It looks butt-ugly, but with a little practice, does a fine job. It's paid for itself several times over.

John Kain
08-18-2006, 8:21 PM
I've got one of those Woodcraft sharpeners. I use it to resharpen my "disposable" DeWalt planer blades. It looks butt-ugly, but with a little practice, does a fine job. It's paid for itself several times over.

That's good to know. I'm not asking for a world beater out of this thing. Just needs to take some rough material off dull blades since I hate doing it by hand. The fine honing I actually like to do.

Anyone have the Makita 18V drill? I really have no idea how well it works other than what the comments at Amazon had to say, which were good. I like Makita as a brand, so I'm expecting good things.

There's nothing to say about the PC dovetail jig. Unless, ofcourse, you want to say, "don't buy a jig, do it yourself."

Mike Cutler
08-18-2006, 8:46 PM
Nice haul ya' got there. I like the sharpening setup.

There is one thing to say about the PC dovetail jig... It just flat out works.:cool: I see some nice drawer projects in the future for you.;)

Nice gloat all around.