PDA

View Full Version : New Grizzly G0490

George Robin
08-18-2006, 7:50 AM
Hello all.

First - sorry, no pictures :-(

I just received my new jointer, man this thing is heavy! I was double-checking all the critical areas (knife adjustment, parellel tables, etc) and noticed my fence would be 90 deg. to one table and not the other? I first double-checked that the tables were parallel, they were. It appeared the fence was warped (much like me!).
The fence is mounted using a round bar bolted into a flat bottomed "V" cut-out. The cut-out is in the fence, the bar is mounted to the rest of the fence carraige.
Anywho, I figured I would check to see if the bolts may leave some room for adjustment............they do.
I was able to get the fence perfect, in a bout 1/2 hour of adjusting, re-adjusting, etc.

Additionally, I have heard of damages received during shipping. I had no damages of any sort (no scratches also). I was pleased to see this.

This is not the first Grizzly tool I've purchased. I also have a belt/disc sander and an impact wrench. The quality is very good.

I can't believe the finish and ease of use with this jointer.

Hope the fence description helps someone.

Regards,
George

Allen Bookout
08-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Hope the fence description helps someone.

Regards,
George

I had no idea that the fence could be adjusted in that manner. Great information. I am sure that this information will help some even if they never respond.

Allen

George Robin
08-18-2006, 11:44 AM
I didn't know it could be adjusted, that's the good part.

what I noticed, that I didn't mention earlier, was as soon as I lossened the 2 bolts, the fence was off the same amount (from perpendicular). So, the bolts were actually causing the fence to twist. Not much, but enough.