PDA

View Full Version : My son's Eagle Scout Project

Ken Pywell
08-18-2006, 2:21 AM
So I bought a Sawstop a few months back. Just recently got it up and running just in time for my son to start his Eagle project. He is making 20 footstools for a local cancer center, so the chemo patients can be more comfortable. Plus another 12 stools for a local neonatal icu, for new moms. Now, he's logging more time on the saw that I am! But that's ok. It been great watching and helping him on this project. Here's a few pics.
Ken

Helen Gee
08-18-2006, 2:34 AM
that is WAY cool of your son to make these cool projects for other people!! I hope you post the finished products, can't wait to see!!! :p

Ken Mutch
08-18-2006, 4:46 AM
Hi
Like the project and the idea. Also super when your dad has the tools that he does:D

Vaughn McMillan
08-18-2006, 5:36 AM
Very cool of your son to take on the projects, Ken, and very cool that he has a dad with a nicely-equipped shop to do it in. And I really like your saw setup, too. I'm a bigtime Incra fan. If and when I can get a SS, I intend to outfit it similarly to yours.

- Vaughn

Mike Weaver
08-18-2006, 6:44 AM
Ken,
Awesme project!

Congrats that your son has reached the point of needing an Eagle Project as well!

My biggest regret from scouting as a kid is not getting my Eagle (did make Life).

Now, I'm Cubmaster for my son's Pack, and I hope to one day be in your shoes watching MY son do an Egale Project.

Please post some pics of your son with the finished stools.

-Mike

Bob Childress
08-18-2006, 7:21 AM
That is way cool! I love to see a young person take responsibility for helping others. Plus, the added bonus of time in the shop with dad! Very very nice.:)

Chris Barton
08-18-2006, 7:53 AM
What a great project and I know he will do you very proud. And, I know he will remember his project and be proud of himself for the rest of his life.

Don Orr
08-18-2006, 11:00 AM
A fine young man you have there! Lots to be proud of. What a nice, thoughtful project. The people who get to use these will appreciate them very much

Jerry Zelt
08-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Ken:

Nice looking project. I thought that an eagle project had to have other scouts doing the work and the eagle candidate was to be the "designer" and "leader" of the project, not the one doing all the work?

Jerry

Rich Torino
08-18-2006, 1:36 PM
Your son looks like a natural..... good to see him wearing eye and hearing protection...

Ken Pywell
08-19-2006, 11:40 AM
Actually, the other scouts are coming over today. He was just doing a lot of the prep so the other scouts could sand, assemble...
Ken