PDA

View Full Version : Rustic-style furnture plans?

ed mirzay
08-17-2006, 8:01 PM
Hello all,

I hope this is the correct forum for this post.
I would like to find "rustic" style furniture plans so that I can try building a few pieces in this new style. I have traditionally gotten my mission style plans from the magazines I subscribe to but I don't recall seeing many plans for anything "rustic".
If you subscribe to Fine Woodworking you can see a picture of the style I am talking about on page 88 in the readers gallery of this month's issue (Oct. 2006). The piece by Brad Greedwood is a supremely beautiful example of the style and obviously he has taken many of his own liberties but this is in the vein of what I would like to take a whack at.
I have this thought in my mind that I would like to redo my den in this style.
Any ideas of where I might find this? Any decent books?
Thanks much.

Aaron Beaver
08-18-2006, 8:02 AM
If you go to www.rockler.com and type in a search for "rustic" they have some book and plans from what I scanned real quickly. Is that they style you are looking for?

ed mirzay
08-18-2006, 9:31 AM
It could be but it is hard to tell from the website. I'll have to make a trip to my local Rockler and skim through the book.
Thanks for the find.

Jim King
08-18-2006, 9:41 AM
Log slices are an easy way to make rustic furniture.

Don Orr
08-18-2006, 10:57 AM
ED, there are several books available on rustic furniture making by a guy named Daniel Mack. Everything from getting the wood to project plans. I live just south of the Adirondacks in upstate New York ( yes, there IS more to NY than the "city") and am a big fan of the style. I have a couple of his books but have yet to find the time to try it.

Have fun and pardon the signature line:eek: ,

ed mirzay
08-18-2006, 11:47 AM
That is a slick looking desk!