PDA

View Full Version : Fast and fun

Scott Donley
08-17-2006, 6:54 PM
A matched set, A tea light and a pot thingy, Maple, tea light is 4 1/2 tall and 5 1/4 wide at the top. They were fun to turn and took little time to do, sometimes I just need a break, and these were it. My mom loves them and that is really all that matters :D

Bernie Weishapl
08-17-2006, 8:19 PM
Those two are beauties Scott. Fit and finish looks good. Nice job.

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
08-18-2006, 1:13 PM
Scott, those really do look pretty. What wood, and what did you use for a finish?

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
08-18-2006, 1:22 PM
..............My mom loves them and that is really all that matters :D

That about sums it up.

Good job! :D

Keith Burns
08-18-2006, 8:33 PM
Scott, nice pieces and if your Mom likes them what more could you ask. I know it pales to her liking them but I like them as well :) :)

Corey Hallagan
08-18-2006, 9:28 PM
Nice job Scott! Both look great!

corey

Tom Sherman
08-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Scott those are some very nice pieces.

Scott Donley
08-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Thanks guys, may not be fine woodworking, but I made wood chips! Really though, ever since I started this spinny stuff everything has been trying to learn how to do new things and not always fun, so these were a change, just make chips and don’t worry what I end up with. The weed pot was a first for me but had no idea what it was going to be when I started and the tea light was going to be a vase till I uncovered a nice crack and thought better of it.
Henry-tea light is wipe on poly and the pot is Mylands friction polish, both maple.
Keith – you are funny J