PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Chair

Gary Max
08-17-2006, 1:19 PM
I am building three of these chairs. They are made out of Cedar. The reason that I am building three is because it is two different orders.The owner of the sawmill that I buy from, wants one and the other two match a dinning room table I have for sale. So far I am going to have the better part of a week tied up in these three chairs----not even funny. But keeping folks happy can be more important than making money---repeat this several times each day.
Anyway this is the one headed to the sawmill:D I did make a point of working on my skew techniques while turning the parts. Saved a bunch of sanding time. The other two are just about done---just to hot here today.

Don Baer
08-17-2006, 1:22 PM
Thats a lot of Skew work.

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
08-17-2006, 2:29 PM
Nice, sturdy looking chairs, Gary. I wouldn't mind having a set in my own dining area!

BTW: Did you use a skew on the seat as well? I would think that a smoothing plane and scratch stock would work more efficiently... :)

Chris Barton
08-17-2006, 5:20 PM
Gary, those chairs look great. I was shopping for acerage this afternoon and dreaming of the cabin and shop I will build on such one day. Those look like they would fit perfect in a little place on a hill surounded by about 50 acers.