PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's

Bob Lasley
10-03-2003, 9:35 AM
Good Friday Morning Everyone,

I'm sitting here watching it rain and contemplating the weekend, which is easier that outright thinking. :confused: Going to watch my grandaughter play soccer in the morning and then take her punkin shopping for jack o' lantern material. I need to pickup a couple of sheets of ply to build a shop cabinet carcase out of and then with a little luck SWMBO will let me have some shop time. It's a sad thing that a grown man still has to get permission to go out and play! :(

Any sawdust and chips in your plans this weekend?

Have a great weekend all,
Bob

John Lock
10-03-2003, 10:02 AM
I'll be giving the bookstand I made for my father to him for his birthday. Finished it to match their existing furniture (solid cherry).

Brad Schafer
10-03-2003, 12:04 PM
I'll be giving the bookstand I made for my father to him for his birthday. Finished it to match their existing furniture (solid cherry).
Nice.

I get to play chaperone for circa 12 14 year old girls ... fall costume party and sleepover at the hacienda tonight. Hope the rain holds off or I'll need a rubber room come Monday,

b

Mike Evertsen
10-03-2003, 12:16 PM
this weekend replacing the front door at my sisters (not my favorite job)
then putting up a metal shed at my Dad's rental house ( another job I don't like doing) I hope to have time to finish reruning the ducts for my dust collector,,,,
Sunday I'll find time watch da Bears lose another game<<<<

whats da Bears and the tv. preacher have in common?????????

they both can make 60,000 people stand and yell Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Miliunas
10-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Sunday I'll find time watch da Bears lose another game<<<<

whats da Bears and the tv. preacher have in common?????????

they both can make 60,000 people stand and yell Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More sore muscles from packing, cleaning, sorting and moving. It's starting to feel like a career!

Hey, will the nursery school teacher that left the 22 kids at Soldiers Field last Sunday, please come pick them up? One of the local high schools has been promised the use of the field for a special practice and we're afraid all the crying kids out there might get hurt. :D (Sorry, couldn't resist.) Have a great weekend all! :cool:

Robert Mayer
10-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Ill be hitting the Tulsa State Fair tonight. Hopefully will have plenty of beer so that its fun, he he. Saturday I hope the rain clears so I can play a little golf with my old man. havent played in a long time. Might get started on the new cabinet for the bathroom. Got a nice bonus coming at the end of this month so its tool shopping time!!!!!

Ken Salisbury
10-03-2003, 1:19 PM
Go to the High School football game tonight

Watch Alabama Football Sat afternoon

Watch Grandson play football after the Bama Game.

Watch Auburn Football (will have to record that one - time conflict)

Play Golf Sunday with youngest Son

Drink a couple BL's (well maybe more than a couple)

Lee Schierer
10-03-2003, 1:29 PM
I plan on working in the shop and getting lots done on a dresser I've started. I'm sure LOML will have a different list to work from than I do. :)

Steve Clardy
10-03-2003, 1:49 PM
More mowing on my brothers property rain permitting.
Maybe some shop work or house work on the new bath area. Steve

Scott Coffelt
10-03-2003, 3:03 PM
The racing boys are in town, so two days worth of hot rubber, skimpy dressed women, tattos, and brewsky's. The weather should be at a nice mid 70 range for both days.

Go Jimmy Johnson!!!

No wood worker at all, cause when I get home it is family time. If I try and slide into the sho, I'll be building my new home when I am in there.

Tom Sweeney
10-03-2003, 3:52 PM
I'm hopefully going to cut down the cherry tree at Church that got damaged by Isabel. Finish a bowl that's been sitting on the lathe for over a week waiting for me to get back into the shop. Put together the used bandsaw I bought the other day (BEEP BEEP).

Saturday I'm taking LOML & LOML jr to see Miss Saigon in Philly & maybe a nice dinner.

Sunday I have Church & then - drumroll please . . . .
I'm going to put the trim around the door I installed about 3 years ago. Ya see I didn't check with the accounting dept. before I bought the bandsaw :eek: so now I have to work my way out of the doghouse :rolleyes:

I might get to watch The Eagles beat up on the Redskins while working on the door trim. Hey they're on a roll - a 1 game winning streak.

Have Fun!

Steve Evans
10-03-2003, 5:38 PM
Going to the Woodstock (Ont) Wood Show. There's nothing I need to buy, but that's never stopped me before. :D

Phil Phelps
10-03-2003, 8:38 PM
Everyday is Monday. Goin to work on a yard some more. Little irrigation repair. Work some more. Go to the State Fair of Texas if I can dig up a few hundred bucks. Have a great weekend, all.

Jim Baker
10-03-2003, 9:50 PM
We will be installing lots of drawers this weekend.

Also, we have a weiner roast and hayride planned for my coworkers here Saturday night. Hopefully it will dry up some tomorrow.

Bruce Page
10-03-2003, 10:44 PM
I’ll be installing two new garage doors and an I-Drive opener that I ordered 3 weeks ago. I’ll be going from R-0 to R-10. It should be really nice this winter! :cool:

I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix." -- Dan Quayle

Jim Becker
10-03-2003, 10:48 PM
I'm going to do something I haven't had the opportunity to do for a bit...actually work in my shop on a glass-front bookcase for the kitchen. (It was a lower priority part of the project) Since I got the grass done today when I got back from Texas, that will not be a distraction!