PDA

View Full Version : Poor Decision

John Branam
08-16-2006, 1:25 PM
This judge should be ashamed of his decision:

http://www.dispatch.com/news-story.php?story=dispatch/2006/08/16/20060816-A1-00.html

Lee DeRaud
08-16-2006, 2:03 PM
I know they take high-school football pretty seriously in some locales, but this is ridiculous.

John Bailey
08-16-2006, 2:52 PM
I suppose the parents will let them play, and the school also. I'm glad I'm not a principal anymore. I always took it on the chin in these type cases. Yes, the judge should be ashamed, along with the parents and school. But, shame doesn't go very far these days.

John

Cecil Arnold
08-16-2006, 3:25 PM
I suppose the parents will let them play, and the school also. I'm glad I'm not a principal anymore. I always took it on the chin in these type cases. Yes, the judge should be ashamed, along with the parents and school. But, shame doesn't go very far these days.

John

John, not only the above, but the entire community. We have school districts here that have one coach per five football players, but far fewer English/history/math teachers per student.

Lee DeRaud
08-16-2006, 3:34 PM
We have school districts here that have one coach per five football players, but far fewer English/history/math teachers per student.That's probably due to the learning capabilities of football players.

Oh crap, did I say that out loud? :eek: :D :p :cool:

Robert Mickley
08-16-2006, 3:34 PM
You have got to be kidding me :eek:

Two young mens lives are forever changed because of this and they basicly let the perps off of the hook.

John, your right shame doesn't go far these days

John Branam
08-16-2006, 3:54 PM
I hope that someone on the school board or the football coach will step up and not allow them to play, but I doubt that will happen.

Frank Fusco
08-16-2006, 4:47 PM
I hope that someone on the school board or the football coach will step up and not allow them to play, but I doubt that will happen.

My thought exactly. Back in my day (a long time ago) I almost got thrown off the track team because the principal thought I had a pack of cigarettes in my shirt pocket. It was a new bar of soap. Times change and not always for the better.

Jerry Olexa
08-16-2006, 5:21 PM
Those kids are ready for the NBA or NFL or some college football programs... Good prep..:) :D ...I'm being sarcastic but I get tired of these pampered athletes. The name Claret comes to mind....

Jim O'Dell
08-16-2006, 6:38 PM
Yeah, nothing got by our principal. He was 6'8", former All American Heavy Weight Wrestler, a Big 8 (remember them) Conference wrestling official, and had his Doctorate. Nice guy, but don't get on his bad side! Jim.

Al Willits
08-16-2006, 7:46 PM
Kinda helps explain why many of our youth have no respect or responsiblity....

Playing football should be the last thing these two bozo's get to do.

Al

John Bailey
08-16-2006, 8:46 PM
I think the good news is that most schools, at least small Northern Michigan schools, would still do the right thing and not let these boys play. Understand, I left the business a couple of years ago, but at that time the students would have been off the team at my school and most others in our area. Also, I can tell you at my school, the decision would have never gotten to my office. We had a good coaching staff and an excellent Ath. Dir. They would have handled it. The only reason, as principal, I would have gotten involved is if the parents requested a hearing and wanted to appeal the coach's and Ath. Dir.'s decision. Most parents knew what I would do and chose not to go that route. But, if they did, and took it to the Super., or the Board, well, let's just say most parents chose not to go that route.

John

John Shuk
08-16-2006, 8:59 PM
It is a sad story all the way around.

Andy Fox
08-17-2006, 10:39 AM
"I shouldn’t even be doing this" --Judge Gary F. McKinley

That says it all.

I hope this can be appealed.

Bruce Page
08-17-2006, 1:11 PM
That makes me sick!