PDA

View Full Version : Hi New to forum

jeremy levine
08-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Hello to all. I am not a turner (yet, working on the LOML). I just love seeing the great work you all do and reading the very interesting commentary.

I see very few people from the New York area but I was wondering is anyone from the forum exhibiting or attending the Lyndurst Crafts festival. It is a bit pricey but the content is stellar and the setting is fantastic.

http://www.craftsatlyndhurst.com/LyndF06_frames.html

Ken Fitzgerald
08-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Jeremy............Welcome to the Creek! Watch the inmates here at the Turner's forum! These folks will push you into the vortex!

Don Orr
08-16-2006, 3:51 PM
Hey Jeremy, welcome aboard. You're welcome here even if you're not a turner-YET. Stick around-you will be!:D
Where is Pleasantville anyway? I thought that was just in a movie!:eek:
That show sounds like quite an event. Way out of my price range but might be interesting to check it out. Did not know about it before-thanks.

Take care,

Claude Arragon
08-16-2006, 3:53 PM
Welcome Jeremy
Watch out the "Turning Virus" is quite contagious

Jeff Kuykendall
08-16-2006, 3:56 PM
Jeremy............Welcome to the Creek! Watch the inmates here at the Turner's forum! These folks will push you into the vortex!
Wouldn't that be pull him, In order to push him we would have to be on the outside of the vortex.:)

Andy Hoyt
08-16-2006, 4:11 PM
Hey, Jeremy! Welcome. I spent a couple of years in nearby Katonah. Beautiful area, but way too many people. Must have something to do with that Big Apple just down the Saw Mill Creek Parkway a piece.

Bernie Weishapl
08-16-2006, 4:42 PM
Welcome Jeremy. If you aren't a turner you will be.:p Great place to be with lots of good people and lots of knowledge.

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
08-16-2006, 7:29 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Jeremy. Good luck on getting LOYL's blessing... Once she gives it, she's not going to see you much anymore! :)

Seriously, though, this forum is an absolute wealth of information. Just remember that the lathe is likely to be just the edge of the vortex---there are so many different specialized tools out there that you can easily spend more than the price of your lathe on them.

Good luck!

John Shuk
08-16-2006, 7:45 PM
Hi Jeremy,
I'm from NY and you are right there are too few of us around here. I'm pretty close to you actually and I work in P'ville once in awhile. Welcome. It'd be great to do a Creeker meet.
John

John Shuk
08-16-2006, 7:47 PM
Hey Jeremy, welcome aboard. You're welcome here even if you're not a turner-YET. Stick around-you will be!:D
Where is Pleasantville anyway? I thought that was just in a movie!:eek:
That show sounds like quite an event. Way out of my price range but might be interesting to check it out. Did not know about it before-thanks.

Take care,
Pleasantville is in Westchester County. Westchester Medical Center is nearby and it is a little north of White Plains.
there is alot of turning stock around there these days. A nasty little tornado went straight up Stevens Avenue and tore everything down.

Chris Barton
08-16-2006, 8:26 PM
Jeremy,

Welcome to the creek, jump in, the water is fine:) . Here, have a sip of our special Kool Aide!:p And leave us, you never will...:eek:

George Conklin
08-16-2006, 8:29 PM
Hi Jeremy. Welcome aboard!

If you think there are only a few turners from NY, you should see the list from AZ:D .

Glad to have you along and good luck with the wife.

jeremy levine
08-17-2006, 8:38 AM
Pleasantville is in Westchester County. Westchester Medical Center is nearby and it is a little north of White Plains.
there is alot of turning stock around there these days. A nasty little tornado went straight up Stevens Avenue and tore everything down.

A few more place also , the amount of wood it brought down is hard to overstate.

Keith Burns
08-17-2006, 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Creek Jeremy:) :) Few, if any, have ever ventured into these icy waters and survived the vortex. You might as well prepare yourself and your wife for the upcoming turnmoil:D

Don Orr
08-17-2006, 9:23 AM
WARNING-Blatant promo ahead! (Please delete if inappropriate)

Since we're talking about New Yorkers here, I want to remind folks about the upcoming Totally Turning 2006 Woodturning Symposium in Albany, NY. Dates are October 14 & 16, 2006. Website is totallyturning.com. Hosted by the Adirondack Woodturners Association. I have also posted this in the calendar.
Come on by and check it out. I even got roped into doing a couple demos:( :eek: :D .

Ben Werner
08-17-2006, 9:29 AM
Welcome! Us New Yorkers should stick together!

Thanks for the info Don, I'll have to check that out. Do you know what days of the week that is?

Andy Hoyt
08-17-2006, 9:30 AM
Don - it is "totally" appropriate to mention.

But it would be even more "totally" appropriate to post a "totally" accurate link to "Totally Turning".

So, what's wrong with the 15th?

Ben Werner
08-17-2006, 9:32 AM
Since we're talking about New Yorkers here, I want to remind folks about the upcoming Totally Turning 2006 Woodturning Symposium in Albany, NY. Dates are October 14 & 16, 2006. Website is totallyturning.com. Hosted by the Adirondack Woodturners Association. I have also posted this in the calendar.
Come on by and check it out. I even got roped into doing a couple demos:( :eek: :D .
I went on the website and it says the 14 and 15th?! who has it wrong?! :eek: rofl

Tom Sherman
08-17-2006, 4:50 PM
Welcome to the Creek Jeremy, LOML is from Bradford Pa and has folks in Olean Ny great place very nice folks.

John Shuk
08-17-2006, 5:02 PM
WARNING-Blatant promo ahead! (Please delete if inappropriate)

I mailed my registration in today:D . See you there. As far as posting I got a thread I started last year removed by promoting the syposium here. Sooo I hope it don't get taken out this time. That said I have been there every year and hope I never miss one.