PDA

View Full Version : Robland thicknesser problem

Martin Titmus
08-16-2006, 6:59 AM
Hi - need some advice before stripping thicknesser on Robland 360 combi m/c. Wood keeps sticking in m/c (particularly the Douglas I have been using lately) and think there is a problem with feed mechanism. The grooved feed roller is slightly damaged but appears to be aligned with table ok. springs seem to be in good condition and not blocked by shavings etc - feeds better on extremities of the table rather than middle - anyone any experience of the feed roller wearing in centre necessitating replacement? or any other problems causing this? any advice greatly appreciated prior to ordering replacement bits

Chris Barton
08-16-2006, 8:50 AM
Try searching Yahoo internet "groups" for "robland x31" and you should find the Yahoo support group for this machine and post your question there. There are only a few of us on this board that own Robland equipment and to my knowledge, none of us have experience with your particular problem. I hope that helps.

Jay Knepper
08-16-2006, 9:30 AM
I have to keep the tables of my Hammer jointer/thicknesser machine well waxed or wood will not feed smoothly.

lou sansone
08-16-2006, 12:47 PM
I have to keep the tables of my Hammer jointer/thicknesser machine well waxed or wood will not feed smoothly.

I agree ... keep the table waxed
lou