PDA

View Full Version : McMaster/Carr catalog

Joe Suelter
10-02-2003, 9:26 PM
Do these guys have a paper catalog avaliable? I've searched their website and couldn't see a link. From what I've read here, they seem to be better priced and have more than Grainger. I like catalogs better than searching the internet, usually when I need a part I'm greasy and dirty, and if I even look at the 'puter SWMBO would kill me for sure! Thanks for the help.

Dave Avery
10-02-2003, 10:13 PM
Joe,

Not sure about the catalog, but I doubt it. There are thousands of PDF pages, so a catalog would be huge.

On a related note..... every time I order from McMaster-Carr, I get my order the NEXT day - even if I order is late as the afternoon before. Amazing service.......

Dave Sweeney
10-02-2003, 10:18 PM
Joe,

I'm with you, I'd rather check out a printed catalog than futz around a website for ½ an hour. Awhile back, not that long ago, I emailed McMaster/Carr and asked them to send me a catalog. I received a prompt polite response informing me that they don't have one :rolleyes: but that everything they sell is on their website. Personally, I think they have one but that I don't give them enough business for them to justify the expense of sending me one. :p If they do have one, its got to be huge.

Dave

Paul Di Biasio
10-02-2003, 11:27 PM
McMaster has a big yellow book, similar to the yellow pages. It nice to have but difficult to get. You have to order several thousand dollars items before they will send you one. I'm not sure why they don't sell it though.

Fortunately my brother is a big customer and I lifted one from him.

Brian MacDonald
10-02-2003, 11:33 PM
Do these guys have a paper catalog avaliable? I've searched their website and couldn't see a link. From what I've read here, they seem to be better priced and have more than Grainger. I like catalogs better than searching the internet, usually when I need a part I'm greasy and dirty, and if I even look at the 'puter SWMBO would kill me for sure! Thanks for the help.

I've got one, through my office. Over 3,000 pages, very small print. As Paul says, you have to spend serious money with them to get the catalog.

John Weber
10-02-2003, 11:34 PM
They are/use to be an industrial only outfit. It was only in the last few years or so they started selling to individuals. They used to have a huge paper catalog (yellow) and they were like gold. They rarely listed mfg names, but almost all the stuff is quality. The last catalog I lifed from work was #102 (around 1994). They might have done away with catalogs, but it use to be you didn't get one unless you did business with them. We did around $25k per year for shop odds and ends and only got 2 catalogs a year. You might need to call or write a letter on company letterhead asking for one.

John

P.S. They are a great company...

Paul Di Biasio
02-02-2004, 5:25 PM
I received a catalog (#110) in the mail today. Last year I only had a couple of orders totaling less than $500.

I you want one, now is the time to call.