PDA

View Full Version : Minor Gloat

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-02-2003, 7:33 PM
After perusing the Sears Ad the other evening, I remarked how nice it would be to have an Electric Chainsaw for trimming/cutting turning blanks for the Lathe. During nasty weather, or when I don't feel like getting out the big Stihl Chainsaw, I could probably use it in the shop. Well, lo and behold, the LOML showed up today with the Craftsman 14" Electric Chainsaw they had on sale for $49.00. It isn't the top of the line saw as far as electric chainsaws go, but for what I will be using it for, it will likely last forever. I guess I really do have her trained right...............but on the other hand, she mentioned that she could probably handle it too when she starts turning. After thinking a minute on that one, I thought "That's even better, now I can teach HER to cut the turning blanks, and all I have to do is TURN!" Not likely that will fly.........but is sure sounds like a good plan, huh? :D

Jim Baker
10-02-2003, 10:03 PM
I thought "That's even better, now I can teach HER to cut the turning blanks, and all I have to do is TURN!" Not likely that will fly.........but is sure sounds like a good plan, huh? :D

Fat Chance, Kevin :D

Maybe she'll sweep up the sawdust too???

Good luck with the new saw.

Noah Alkinburgh
10-03-2003, 8:18 AM
Thats all I got Kevin. I bought a 16" electric from the paper a couple years ago for 20 bucks. Works like a champ for my tiny little yard. The guy I bought it from used it for branch trimming and sold it cause he liked using his sawsall better for that :D Whatever floats you boat....Just watch the cord. That guy always wants to jump up under that chain.

Noah