PDA

View Full Version : Got a package from Maurice Metzger today!

Tom Jones III
08-15-2006, 8:46 AM
A couple days ago I got a PM from Maurice Metzger, it seems he saw a couple posts where I was asking questions about woodworking with the neighborhood kids. Maurice had two extra hand saws that he wanted to send for the kids to use. Well yesterday as soon as I got home from work these three girls rang my doorbell and told me that I had a package on my front door step. Not only did Maurice send two nice hand saws but he also sent a nice Stanley block plane! The saws are perfect for the kids, the handles are great and they are much better than the cheap borg hand saw that I was making them use.

The girls in the picture are Victoria, Paige and Emily. With these three being so excited about Maurice's gift I had to make a new shop rule, no screaming! Thanks Maurice.

Jim Becker
08-15-2006, 8:55 AM
Very kewel!!! There are so many 'Creekers who take the definition of "community" seriously. Thanks for posting yet another example. 'Can't wait to see what the girls make using those "new tools", too!

Kyle Kraft
08-15-2006, 8:59 AM
How thoughtful!!!! I agree, it's too bad that good kid sized tools are so hard to find.

Roy Hatch
08-15-2006, 8:59 AM
That picture should make anyone smile. It's a shame that we can't maintain the enthusiasm of a child.

Roy

Maurice Metzger
08-15-2006, 5:42 PM
Tom, that picture DEFINITELY made it worthwhile! As I said in my PM, I'm glad to know they will be put to good use.

Maurice

Dave Ray
08-15-2006, 6:26 PM
Tom, after a very rough day that picture really made the world look better. Maurice, thank you for helping these girls. Looked like Christmas in your shop Tom.

Julio Navarro
08-15-2006, 9:12 PM
That has to be the cutest and heart warming thing Ive seen