PDA

View Full Version : Shop Stuff. Pics

Forrest Price
08-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Well, my son figured the shopfox sander would be a fun project to tackle, so he spent yesterday scraping, sanding, cleaning, priming and painting the sander. the motor was extremely toasted, so I did some salvaging off an old compressor and came up with a hefty 1hp 17.8amp 110v motor with the correct rotation! A little rewiring, a new v belt, sanding belt and disc and we're back in business! Later on, I'll rewire it to 220 and drop my amp load.

I still need to come up with the dust ports. Either order from Shopfox, or I think I'll try and fab them. I've got access to metal fab equip at work and I can probably build them out of aluminum. At least we're sanding again!

Boss man sent me home with a set of old gym lockers today to store chemicals and such in. I'll be working on shelving for all of them.

Roy Wall
08-14-2006, 11:35 PM
excellent Forrest! ......nice looking refurb!!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Nicely done Forrest! Give the son a pat on the back!

Robert Mickley
08-15-2006, 1:09 AM
Nicely done Forrest! Give the son a pat on the back!

I think he should take him out and buy him dinner :D Darn thing looks like new just needs some stickers!!

Brett Baldwin
08-15-2006, 2:49 AM
He did a great job but from the picture it looks like he sanded too much off the right side. Everything is tilting right.;)

tod evans
08-15-2006, 7:16 AM
way to go ya`ll! nice to see equipment comming back to life....tod

Jim Becker
08-15-2006, 9:10 AM
Very nice restoration on that sander, Forrest! I do vote for fabricating the dust ports yourself as that gives you the option to make them "work" better for your own needs as to orientation, etc.