PDA

View Full Version : Clock face

Tom Cullen
08-14-2006, 5:18 PM
I don't suppose anyone out there has an EPS clock face? I'm mainly just looking for a numerical face. I tried to put one together in Corel but with my limited skills in creating something like this, it became a test of Patience :confused:

Nigel Morgan
08-14-2006, 6:36 PM
I had to overcome this problem also, have also engraved some protractor angles using the same method, I am new to Corel, this is how I did it.

place 1-12 on the work area
set nudge to say 50mm
click on the 1 and hit P to centre in page
hit up arrow to nudge 50mm
select the 1, alt F8, transformation, rotate 30degs
job done
select the 2, hit P, nudge up 50mm
select both the 1 + 2 and rotate 30degs
repeat for all

I hope this helps you out some, maybe ther is an easier way, this worked for me and i use the principal for other things also

Nigel

Joe Pelonio
08-14-2006, 7:06 PM
I have this one handy, I think there are a bunch of them on the Corel 5 clipart CD if you have that.

Tom Cullen
08-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Thanks Nigel and Joe,
I think I will need to keep looking or maybe just purchase a template of some type. The process you describe Nigel seems very time consuming and I need something ( maybe a variety ) to work with little or no fuss. Joe I think I can work with your file as long as I can take out the clock hands. Thanks guys for taking the time to reply.

Tom

Dave Jones
08-15-2006, 5:01 PM
What I've done in the past is to look in google images and find a clockface the style you like. Place that image in CorelDraw and drag it to the size you need. Then lock it.

Then simply add numbers on top of it in the right positions. Then delete the original image.

Only takes a couple of minutes.

Tom Cullen
08-15-2006, 7:00 PM
Great idea Dave,
I will give that a shot , should be able to come up with something workable.

Thanks
Tom

Lee DeRaud
08-15-2006, 8:17 PM
The template is easy:
1. draw a circle
2. draw a line from 9 to 3 (with 'snap-to-quadrant' set)
3. select the line, copy, paste, rotate 30
4. select the line, copy, paste, rotate 60
5. select the line, copy, paste, rotate 90
6. select all, group, save as 'clock template' or something

To use it, scale it to your desired face size. Create your numbers in the desired font/size and drag them to the 12 intersections of the lines and the circle. When you have all 12, select the circle/line group and delete it. Then select the numbers, group, and save.

'Snap-to' is your friend. :cool: