PDA

View Full Version : A Creeker made my morning.

Mike Cutler
08-14-2006, 1:45 PM
I was doing a hack and slash with the router this morning, making a new router table top, when the bit cam loose and went astray:( . I was trying to figure out how to recover from this when the post mistress pulled into the driveway with a box.
I was a little peeved at myself for botching the table top, and immediately thought that SWMBO'd had gone eBay without me. Then I saw that the box was for me. Yeah baby!! I don't get many boxes, and the return address was fellow creeker Andy Hoyt of Benton Falls Maine. I knew the box had something cool in it now.

I opened the box. and inside was this beautiful spalted hickory bowl that Andy made. I forgot all about the table top I'd just messed up, and brought it inside to look at it.

I'd like to share Andy's bowl with y'all. It made my morning, and I hope it brightens up everyone's afternoon.

Andy. Thank you very much for the bowl. It's beautiful.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-14-2006, 1:48 PM
Yup! He rates pretty highly in my book too! Nice gloat!

Nice work Andy!

Dave Ray
08-14-2006, 1:54 PM
Andy, that is a beautiful bowl. Mike thanks for sharing.

Julio Navarro
08-14-2006, 1:56 PM
That would make pretty much my whole month!

Beautiful job Andy

Chris Padilla
08-14-2006, 2:29 PM
Fill 'er up with some Cheetos and peanut M&Ms and you are all set for the day!! ;) Gorgeous stuff!!

Al Willits
08-14-2006, 3:16 PM
Nice to join a forum that has so much interaction between members, some forums seem to spend to much time in flame wars or self promotions....

Pretty nice bowl ya got there.

Good luck on the table redo.

Al

Bruce Shiverdecker
08-14-2006, 4:21 PM
That is ONE BEAUTIFUL piece of Hickory. Later this evening you will ALL get to seewhat he sent me several months ago.

Andy Hoyt
08-14-2006, 4:26 PM
Hey Mike! Glad it arrived, and hope you put it to good use.

But thanks are due right back at you for that load of stuff I stole from you last year.

If there were ever a chunk of creekerwood with provenace this is the piece.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=26568

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=27120

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=40648

For what it's worth there are creekers in California, Arizona, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Ontario who were sent a raw piece.

And finished projects from my efforts are now in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Florida, and Indiana. Sure didn't seem right to leave Connecticut off the list.

John Shuk
08-14-2006, 8:46 PM
Yup, there is just something great about those folks in Maine.

Mike Cutler
08-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Andy.

Sorry to read that you had so much trouble with that wood. Obviously you were able to overcome the problems.

Thank you again.

Mike

Anchul Axelrod
08-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Goof ups can be frustrating, but a what blessing from a friend. And a beautiful turning to boot. Congrats!!!!!