PDA

View Full Version : Another Milestone Reached

Ken Salisbury
10-02-2003, 10:28 AM
We have just exceeded 1400 members (1401 presently). The Creek continues to grow at a good pace. The more members we have will increase the purchasing power of our members and contributions of Free Stuff as we continue to grow. It behoves all of us to encourage our other woodworking friends to join The Creek.

Terry Hatfield
10-02-2003, 10:26 PM
We have just exceeded 1400 members (1401 presently). The Creek continues to grow at a good pace. The more members we have will increase the purchasing power of our members and contributions of Free Stuff as we continue to grow. It behoves all of us to encourage our other woodworking friends to join The Creek.

Oh...I thought maybe you turned 90 or something. :D :D :D :D

1400 members is quite an accomplishment, especailly considering the short time the Creek has been here. Everyone keep 'em coming. 1500 can't be far away.

Terry

Steve Clardy
10-03-2003, 1:58 PM
Oh...I thought maybe you turned 90 or something. :D :D :D :D

1400 members is quite an accomplishment, especailly considering the short time the Creek has been here. Everyone keep 'em coming. 1500 can't be far away.

Terry

Actually Terry, I think ol Ken is in the Jack Benny line, you know, he's been 39 for 39 years. :D :D :D Yea, had to do that one.
As far as the membership increasing, thats good for more ideas and such, but bad for me winning anything in the free drawings!! :rolleyes:
Ha, never won much of anything anyway.
Very nice place, The Creek. Best site I've been on is all I can say. Steve

Richard Allen
10-03-2003, 2:23 PM
Heck if you just want numbers of members why not everyone sign up 20 or 30 times. How about instead of 1400 we have 150,000 members? That would give Steve a better chance at winning some of the "free stuff". Cause you have to figure that only the 100 or so active members would ever get wise to stuffing the baliot box.

Thanks

Robert Mayer
10-03-2003, 2:53 PM
You can thank me! haha. I will take a new biscuit joiner as a form of payment.

Keith Outten
10-03-2003, 5:23 PM
Richard,

I think we're doing a little better than 100 active members. Here are the stats Aaron just got from our database.

468 individuals have posted in the last 30 days. (33%)
532 have never posted.
759 have visited in the last 30 days.
61.6% of those who visited SMC posted messages. This is the most valuable statistic, an active membership of 62% is very high.

If we triple these numbers our FreeStuff Program will most likely include woodlathes, table saws and joiners. Larger numbers of active members mean more clout and more visibility with the manufacturers. Our numbers are about 400% above what you thought...not bad.

Heck if you just want numbers of members why not everyone sign up 20 or 30 times. How about instead of 1400 we have 150,000 members? That would give Steve a better chance at winning some of the "free stuff". Cause you have to figure that only the 100 or so active members would ever get wise to stuffing the baliot box.

Thanks

Richard Allen
10-03-2003, 7:34 PM
Hi Keith

Yes those numbers are very impresive! Shows how strong a comunity SMC is!

Tom Sweeney
10-03-2003, 8:10 PM
Ok I'm telling everyone I know that enjoys WW'ing to sign up for SMC right away :D We need 1,000 more members by Christmas!

Seriously we should be doing that anyway & thanks again for all the hard work the SMC home team does for us - especially in light of your recent situation with Isabel.

David Blangger
10-04-2003, 2:02 AM
WOW!!! Over 1400 new members. If there is a mean average of 7 years of knowledge in the members we now have over 1393 years of experience. What a great forum for all types of woodworking questions to be answered. :cool:

Lloyd Robins
10-04-2003, 2:49 AM
The number of members is great, but the really nice thing about this forum is people who are members. It is a great place to visit, chat, and learn. IMHO :)

Don Farr
10-04-2003, 3:07 AM
I too would like to encourage people to sign up and post. SMC is a fun place and I have never been put down or criticized here like on other forums. I am a bad typer and even worse speller ( saved by ie spell check on that one) plus a little on the shy side, but this is a very user friendly forum.
The number one thing that I would suggest to a new poster is make sure you ask a question if you want a response. I have made comments before and wondered why nobody responded, then I realized that I didn't ask anything for anyone to respond to.
I predict that SMC will be the #1 woodworking forum on line within a year, if it's not all ready.

scott spencer
10-04-2003, 6:35 AM
Congratulations Ken and SMC members. I'm fairly new to this forum, but would like to comment on how impressed I am with the level of knowledge and the civility of the discussions here. I lurk and participate on about 5 forums...you folks are hands down the most polite. It's amazing how much more well thought out the anwers are when your name appears on the note. One of these days I'll have to learn to post my ugly mug.

Keep up the good work and be safe!