PDA

View Full Version : BS (resaw) blades for Jet 18" ?

Tom Jones III
08-14-2006, 9:39 AM
LOML told me to get a new BS this weekend so I got the Jet 18" with the 3 HP motor. Now I need to get a resaw blade for it. After reading through old posts I'm more confused than I was before I looked on the forum.

Goal: resaw 6"-10" tall oak, walnut, mahogany, poplar and holly. I'm looking for the best possible finish on the cut with minimal waste being the second consideration. Typically the thinnest I will be cutting is 1/8" and most will be 3/8".

I've seen threads predicting doom and gloom if I try to tension the Lenox TriMaster on the Jet 18" while seeing other threads that sound like the heavenly choir with the same blades on the MM16. Can anyone give advice on this saw with the Lenox and the Timberwolf?

Is the width of the blade an issue mainly because of the thickness of the blade and the material from which the blade is made?

Do I always want to use the widest blade that I can properly tension? Does this mean that I should chose the 1" timberwolf over a 1/2" lenox?

tod evans
08-14-2006, 10:27 AM
tom, given the criteria you have get a 1" trimaster, you`ll love it...if it`ll spin around 16" wheels you should be fine at 18".... if you plan on a lot of resawing you should start looking at feeders now that way you`ll get over the sticker shock a little sooner...02 tod

Cecil Arnold
08-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Tom, pretty much what Tod said (Don't know about the feeder). If you spring for the trimaster, give me a PM and I'll loan you my tension gage so you can get a feel for the settings.

Tom Jones III
08-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the offer Cecil and thanks to both for a quick response. I just ordered the trimaster.