PDA

View Full Version : Hello new here

Tony Kent
08-14-2006, 2:39 AM
Hello all,
I hope you all are doing well. Thought I would say hello and introduce myself. My name is Tony and I hail from Reseda, ca. The good ol San Fernando valley, suburb of Los Angeles.
This place sure seems like a nice place so I thought I would join up.
Take care all and happy turning,
Tony

Ken Mutch
08-14-2006, 3:43 AM
I am also fairly new, and loving it:p :p :p . Hope you do too;)

Ken Fitzgerald
08-14-2006, 3:58 AM
Welcome to the Creek Tony! Wade right in ...the water's fine!

Vaughn McMillan
08-14-2006, 4:33 AM
Welcome to the Creek, Tony. I'm not far from you in Tujunga, married to a Granada Hills girl. (My very own Valley Girl.)

As you likely already noticed, it's a good bunch of folks here, and questions, advice, and pictures fly by like commuters on the 405. Actually, faster than the 405 on a bad day. ;) Feel free to pull on in to the traffic here.

-Vaughn

Wayne Bitting
08-14-2006, 7:26 AM
Howdy Tony! Welcome to the club. I've fairly new here but I can say the the people have been great and the welcomes have been warm! Good luck on your turnings!

John Miliunas
08-14-2006, 8:11 AM
Oh no!!! Yet another Cali-turner??? :eek: :confused: At this rate, our Southern brethren may start feeling a bit overwhelmed! :D Hey, welcome to the Creek, Tony! Enjoy your stay and, as you may have seen, we really do enjoy pics.:)

BTW, with my most recent schedule/activity outside of SMC, I fear that I may have missed inaugural postings by Ken & Wayne here, as well. If so, accept my apologies and, my heart-felt "welcome", too! :) :cool:

Mark Cothren
08-14-2006, 8:33 AM
Welcome Tony!

Corey Hallagan
08-14-2006, 8:43 AM
Welcome to SMC Tony!

Corey

Andy Hoyt
08-14-2006, 9:14 AM
Tony & Ken - Welcome to the creek fellers.

George Conklin
08-14-2006, 9:24 AM
Welcome, both new guys:D . Make sure your digital camera is tuned up;) . The picture police is worse than "big brother"!;)

Keith Burns
08-14-2006, 9:36 AM
Welcome Tony, we won't hold it against you being from CA. :D At least you are from the southern part:) Glad to have you on this boat:)

Lee DeRaud
08-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Oh no!!! Yet another Cali-turner??? :eek: :confused: At this rate, our Southern brethren may start feeling a bit overwhelmed! :D Be afraid. Be very afraid. :p :cool:

Bernie Weishapl
08-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Welcome to SMC Tony and Ken. Lots of good people and lots of good advice.

Dick Strauss
08-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Tony,
Welcome to the vortexial abyss!

Speaking of the abyss, I haven't seen the pink thong man/picture police chime in lately. I'm sure he's still dazed trying to figure out what hit him!

Bruce Shiverdecker
08-14-2006, 1:59 PM
The Army of the Vortex greatfully accepts you into it's ranks. Welcome and don't forget about the "Picture Police" ...................... The one and only Good/Bad thing about turning. If you post pictures, it's Good. If you don't Bd News........... the police come after you.:p

Bruce;)

Tony Kent
08-14-2006, 8:53 PM
Hello all,
Wow, yep sure is a nice place. Thanks for all the welcomes.
To all my fellow socal folks....where are you getting fresh logs? Need wood to feed the monster..lol! I recently bought a delta 16" steel bed. Gotta love the electronically controlled speed. So nice to rough turn at slower then 600rpm. Well not to mention no more chasing my lathe across the floor.
Thanks again everyone,
Tony
PS pic police, I promise to post pics of any newly turned items....hehhee

Ernie Nyvall
08-14-2006, 8:59 PM
Welcome to the Creek Tony and Ken.

Tony Kent
08-14-2006, 9:05 PM
Hello again,
And a welcome to fellow newcomer Ken:)
Take care,
Tony

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
08-15-2006, 2:48 AM
Welcome to the Creek, Tony and Ken.

Tony: for the wood fix, you may want to see if you can hook up with local tree surgeons. Also, if there's a log dump in the area, you may want to check that out. Good luck!