PDA

View Full Version : Birth of a temporary Shop...

Don Baer
08-13-2006, 8:16 PM
Well, I finaly am back in business. I spent the week end setting up shop in my sons garage. The new house is about 4-5 months out and since I haven't had a shop for over a month I felt it was time to get back in business. After taking several trips to my storage area and 1 to the dump I was able to get most of the tools set up. The Jointer and drill press will have to wait. I also installed some temp 110 Volt circuits so I have enough power to run the tools.

Here is my temp setup

Now this week I can visit Chandler Hard woods and pick up some white Oak for my first project in Arizona..:D

Marty Walsh
08-13-2006, 8:26 PM
Ok Don,

I won't pursue the infringement on thread title lawsuit...but only because you have your 'temp' shop setup and can make sawdust which is more than I can do! ;)

Good luck, and be sure to share what comes from your effort...

- Marty -

Don Baer
08-13-2006, 8:53 PM
Ok Don,

I won't pursue the infringement on thread title lawsuit...but only because you have your 'temp' shop setup and can make sawdust which is more than I can do! ;)

Thanks Marty, You'r making sawdust in your shop, only the sawdust is part of the shop.

Good luck, and be sure to share what comes from your effort...

- Marty -

I certainly will.

Art Mulder
08-13-2006, 8:55 PM
Hey Don, what kind of Scroll Saw is that? Looks to be the old style with the spring at the top, instead of a C-arm.

How do you find that performs?

...art

Don Baer
08-13-2006, 9:01 PM
Art, It is an oldie but a goodie. I can scroll a piece up to 2 inches thick. It runs very smooth. As a matter of fact there is zero vibration and when it running you can barely hear it. I love it. It needs to be put on a perminate stand cause it weights in at over 100 lbs.

Here a thread where I show a better picture of the scroll saw if your interested.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=23150