PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa to Kansas City - Any Sights Along the Way?

Frank Hagan
08-13-2006, 1:56 PM
Its not really a pleasure trip, as my FIL is ill, but we will be traveling to Tulsa on Thursday and staying for a couple of days, and then driving up to Princeton Missouri on Saturday for the 150th anniversary of the church my dad's family helped start.

Any woodworking side trips along the way? I did see that there's a Woodworker's Warehouse near Kansas City, and Grizzly has a showroom over in Springfield (which might be too far off track for us to visit). Any other things not to miss?

Steve Clardy
08-13-2006, 4:15 PM
Nothing I can think off at the moment.
Grizzly isn't too far off of I-44. 6-10 miles from your direction.

Eddie Watkins
08-14-2006, 10:07 AM
There are several really nice museums and art galleries there. Philbrook Museum comes to mind whcih was created by the Phillips Family as in Phillips 66 Petroleum. Also at Claremore right outside of Tulsa, they have a Will Rogers Museum. Woodworking-wise I don't know of much. About 30 minutes North of Tulsa at Bartlesville there's a place called Woolaroc which is yet another museum. I believe this was owned by the Phillips Family as well and was their vacation lodge. Also, there is a pizza place at 15th and Peoria called Hideaway Pizza that is really, really good pizza. I prefer the Paradise Pie if you're into pizza. I hope this helps.:)

Eddie

Larry Browning
08-14-2006, 10:14 AM
There's a Woodcraft store on 41st between Shariden(sp)(Share-a-den) and Yale.