PDA

View Full Version : That Festool plunge saw

Ed Falis
10-01-2003, 8:40 PM
Well, I caved and bought the 55. It came today. Took it downstairs and tried it out on some birch plywood. Whoo-ee, the cuts are indistinguishable (or maybe better) from the cabinet saw. A very fine product. Thanks, Bob Marino, for the assist on the dust collection.

- Ed

Gene Collison
10-01-2003, 9:37 PM
Well, I caved and bought the 55. It came today. Took it downstairs and tried it out on some birch plywood. Whoo-ee, the cuts are indistinguishable (or maybe better) from the cabinet saw. A very fine product. Thanks, Bob Marino, for the assist on the dust collection.

- Ed

Ed,

I have one too, love that tool!! You will soon depend on it, I do, use it nearly everyday for something it seems like. Enjoy it!

Gene

Jim Becker
10-01-2003, 11:07 PM
Well, I caved and bought the 55. It came today. Took it downstairs and tried it out on some birch plywood. Whoo-ee, the cuts are indistinguishable (or maybe better) from the cabinet saw. A very fine product.

That was my same impression when Bob stopped by a few weeks ago to "demo" all the toys. The cut was extraordinarily clean with the Festool saw, even on "crappy" plywood. "Good" plywood was even cleaner. I still have the pieces there near the door to the shop and have picked them up several times to marvel at the clean cuts!

Enjoy your great new tool!

Ed Falis
10-01-2003, 11:12 PM
My wife, the finish carpenter and building supervisor for 20 years, has posed an interesting challenge. She says she should take her worm-drive skilsaw with a 2x4 straight-edge and I should take the festool, and we should do a race of some kind. Now, I gotta say, she's a lot better than I am at this stuff. Should be an interesting experiment.

- Ed

Ed Falis
10-01-2003, 11:13 PM
Also gotta say, since I didn't before, that she appreciates the new tool.

- Ed

John Wadsworth
10-02-2003, 4:17 PM
Ed,

What was that I heard? She's going to use a 2x4 straight edge?

Does that mean you have a source for _straight_ 2x4s?

Saints be praised! Your fortune is made...

John W.