PDA

View Full Version : So how was your Saturday.

Don Baer
08-12-2006, 11:50 PM
I spent the day getting my Temp. shop in order. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=41136
LOML fixed me lobster and artichokes for dinner (my birthday today) and I just said good nighgt to my granddaughter. Now I'm sitting here by the creek smoking a cigar and drinking some single malt scotch.Life is good. :D

Ken Fitzgerald
08-13-2006, 12:11 AM
Yup! Life is good Don! I blew up to attempts at making a wedding gift for my daughter who's getting married next week! I'm going to drive 220 miles tomorrow to get some more wood to make another attempt or two or three! Some of us learn to turn through repetition!:D I'm sitting here....sucking on some nicotine filled gum and sipping a cold beer. Headed for the shower and bed but..........Life is good!

Forrest Price
08-13-2006, 12:17 AM
You talked me into it! Nothing like a good single malt! Lagavulin in hand as we type!

HaPPy Birthday by the way! I'm toasting you now! :D

Had a good day today. Got in some golf, worked in the shop, turned a mallet, got in some more golf, messed around looking busy, pizza, movie, scotch and here I am again!

Enjoy the evening!

Forrest

Slainte!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-13-2006, 1:54 AM
Well Don....the shower's done....Now 2nd brew.....and a little "Chicago" ....next up Stevie Winwood.........Then some Beatles.......into the 3rd and 4 th.....then bedtime...........Got to drive to get some wood.....BTW Don....saw my great granddaughter Riley this evening.....Life is indeed good!

Happy Birthday Don!

Jim Becker
08-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Nice job getting the temp shop up and running, Don!

Saturday was...too short. I got some of the landscaping work I planned done, but "ran out of day" before it was time to shuffle off to our family dinner out. (We FINALLY got the girls to allow us to go to our favorite Chinese restaurant...Mandarin Garden in Willow Grove, PA) Of course, getting up earlier would have made a difference, but that would have required me to stop sleeping... ;)

Ken Salisbury
08-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Gee, I had a great day. Went to the lake and got into the catfish - Here is a pic of 14 cats, total weight 28 lbs. Only 3 hours fishing time :) .

Click to enlarge

Jim DeLaney
08-13-2006, 12:14 PM
...Here is a pic of 14 cats, total weight 28 lbs. Only 3 hours fishing time ...

Man, those look good! Deep fried, with some onion-loaded hush puppies, and a couple cold brews. Good stuff!

Marty Walsh
08-13-2006, 7:36 PM
Gee, I had a great day. Went to the lake and got into the catfish - Here is a pic of 14 cats, total weight 28 lbs. Only 3 hours fishing time :) .

Click to enlarge

Ken,

Glad to see you're getting some enjoyment from that new boat...nice catch ;)

Don,

Happy b-day! I don't care for scotch, but I'm raising my whiskey glass to you as I type this...can you tell how slow I'm typing? ;)

Oh, and as always, spent the weekend working on the new shop...:o

- Marty -

John Shuk
08-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Don,
It was my b'day too. I spent the day in Saratoga Springs. Then back up to great sacandaga lake where we were for a few days with a couple of other families and our children's mates. Had a nice dinner a cigar and some Magic Hat #9.