PDA

View Full Version : Temp shop phase 1

Don Baer
08-12-2006, 9:44 PM
As some of you know I have relocated from California to the Phoenix area. My new house won't be ready for several months.:( So I am forced to set up shop in my sons garage. I spent last weekend and this morning clearing up all of the stuff from the move. This afternoon I started setting up the new temp shop so that I can get back to Woodworking. As would be expected the first things set up is the turning section of the shop. Tomarrow I'll set up the rest of the shop and who knows maybe get in a little time to practice with my skew..:D

Bernie Weishapl
08-12-2006, 9:47 PM
Hey Don you got the important stuff setup. Looks like you are about ready to rock and roll. How do you like that Rikon by now? I thought about getting one to replace my Delta especially for the 12" swing.

Corey Hallagan
08-12-2006, 9:47 PM
Looking good Don, at least you can do some woodworking and don't have to wait until the house is done!

Corey

Don Baer
08-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Bernie,
I love the Rikon. I haven't used the 12" swing Yet but I am getting ready to. I did use the 18" between centers once, I'll proubably spring for the 20" extension and when I buy a big bowl lathe keep the Rikon for doing center work.

Correy,
That's correct at least I don't have to wait intil the new house is done. I do need to get the flatworks side of the shop done since LOML have some project she wants done prior to the house being done, but one must have priorities...:D

Brett Baldwin
08-13-2006, 12:35 AM
I hope your shop at the new house will have AC. We certainly aren't likely to see cool temps anytime soon though that rain last night was nice. Good to see you won't go through complete withdrawl before getting into your new shop.

Don Baer
08-13-2006, 1:00 AM
I hope your shop at the new house will have AC. We certainly aren't likely to see cool temps anytime soon though that rain last night was nice. Good to see you won't go through complete withdrawl before getting into your new shop.

Funney you should mention that. LOML and I met with the railtor today, when I wasn't doing other thing and while finalising things I included R 39 insulation for the whole house including the carage as well as insulating the garage doors and my son and I already have an airconditioning unit to put in the garage..:D

Since this is the last house I will buy it will have everything LOML and I want from the begining.

We will be building a seperate shop later but for now I'll use 2/3 of the 3 car garage.