PDA

View Full Version : Book report

Randy Johnson
08-12-2006, 9:34 AM
As long as I've been able to read I've been doing so, often two or three books at the same time.
One I missed during my high school years that was a best seller at the time was the novel Exodus. I recently found a hardback copy at a flea market for a buck and have corrected the ommission from my youth. This is not intended to start a debate about current or past US Mideast policy and I ask that everyone stay away from that subject. The US gets little more than passing mention in the novel. I'm not interested in political debate, I'm interested in history.
Anyone who has not read the book should do, and if you have read it, read it again. Every time you pick it up, look first at the page in the front of the book that shows the copyright date just to reassure yourself that the book was written when Eisenhower was in the Whitehouse. The reason you need to do this is that so much of the book sounds like it was written in just the last few years. The old saw is true. History does repeat itself.
In addition to enjoying the book I have found that the movie theme keeps running through my head. It was one of the most powerful pieces of music to come out of a decade that had a lot of truely classic pieces of music.

Cecil Arnold
08-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Randy, I've also always been an avid reader and have found Uris work (the guy is not a good writer technically, but very passionate in my view) to be highly informative. After reading Trinity I had a much better understanding of the problems in Ireland.

Jim Becker
08-14-2006, 9:53 AM
Yea, Leo Uris has been an excellent writer...among many. I'm also a voracious reader of fiction. I find it fascinating that so many of the books I read have so much in common with current affairs...or are predictive of them.

john whittaker
08-14-2006, 4:48 PM
Otto Preminger....This Land...Is Mine....God gave this land to me. Thanks to you I will be humming this all day.:)

I don't think I've read this book. Might be about time to start.