PDA

View Full Version : Shop picture

Don Farr
10-01-2003, 11:53 AM
It was a beautiful fall weekend here in Georgia and I had the door open with a cool breeze blowing in. So I thought I would share a couple of pictures with my SMC family.
Sorry about the one from outside, I couldn't get the light right. If you look close you will see the almost complete BS table. (It would be complete if I hadn't made a stupid mistake last night).
And yes I am the genuine Ridgid nut.

Mike Evertsen
10-01-2003, 12:06 PM
what size is your shop? looks like alot of room to work around the machines,,,

Noah Alkinburgh
10-01-2003, 12:09 PM
Very nice Don! Boy Home Depot must love to see you coming ;)

Someday I will have that much room....might be in heaven when it happens but it will happen.

Noah

Don Farr
10-01-2003, 12:17 PM
what size is your shop? looks like alot of room to work around the machines,,,

Hi Mike, The shop is 20' X 40'. I will have alot more room when I get a place to store the lawn equipment. It's to the right of the picture where you can't see it. Thanks for asking.

Don Farr
10-01-2003, 12:20 PM
Very nice Don! Boy Home Depot must love to see you coming ;)

Someday I will have that much room....might be in heaven when it happens but it will happen.

Noah

Yeah Noah, we are on a first name basis there. The good part is they give me a heads up when something is going to the Sale table. :cool:

Thanks

Aaron Koehl
10-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Picked up a little detail here :D

BTW, The shop looks very well layed out!

-Aaron

Don Farr
10-01-2003, 1:11 PM
Thanks Aaron, That is much better. Wish I could learn to do that.

Lee Schierer
10-01-2003, 1:19 PM
If I added 20 more feet on my shop, that's what I'd have. Must be nice to have all that floor space!

Phil Phelps
10-01-2003, 4:58 PM
Look at all the unused coolers in the back. Imagine how many cases of Bud Light they'd hold???? :D :D

Don Farr
10-01-2003, 6:41 PM
Look at all the unused coolers in the back. Imagine how many cases of Bud Light they'd hold???? :D :D

Adult beverage Phil, Adult beverage. :)

Brad Schafer
10-01-2003, 7:27 PM
quite a toy/ool collection there, and a really nice looking shop. one of these days ...

b

Bruce Page
10-01-2003, 7:43 PM
Beautiful shop Don! I wish I had that much room!!

The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer. — Henry Kissinger

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-01-2003, 7:53 PM
Nice looking shop Don. "A place for everything, and everything in it's place". Looks like you have quite a setup there.......plenty of room for a nice flow from machine to machine. Thanks for sharing your shop with us, I too wish I had that much room. :)

Ed Falis
10-01-2003, 8:36 PM
Picked up a little detail here :D

BTW, The shop looks very well layed out!

-Aaron

Nice work, Aaron. Don, that's a killer shop!

- Ed

Terry Hatfield
10-02-2003, 12:15 AM
Don,

Good job!!! I like it. I bet you are on a first name basis with the boy's at HD alright. :D

I too have the lawn mower deal going on in my shop. I am planning on building a lean-to off the back of the shop for the lawn stuff this fall.

Terry

Don Farr
10-02-2003, 7:43 AM
Thanks for all the compliments guys. Yeah Terry, that lawn building is becoming a bigger priority every day.

Daniel Rabinovitz
10-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Don
That is surely a very nice shop.
But, as you said, you are very rigid in your thinking as to the brand of equipment that should be in a shop.
Daniel :rolleyes:

Pete Harbin
10-04-2003, 2:06 AM
Nice shop Don! As a fellow Ridgid nut, my shop looks much like your's, but at half the size...2 car garage, 22 X 20.

What are the specs on that band saw table? I've been toying with the idea of building one for mine.

Don Farr
10-04-2003, 2:45 AM
Nice shop Don! As a fellow Ridgid nut, my shop looks much like your's, but at half the size...2 car garage, 22 X 20.

What are the specs on that band saw table? I've been toying with the idea of building one for mine.

Hey Pete, This design is out of Wood Magazine. I can't tell you which issue right now, it's out in the shop, but it is without a doubt the best one I have ever come across. As they say in the magazine " It does it all". I will get back to you on the issue number via PM.
Thanks for the compliments. Oh! by the way my first shop was a 1 car garage, for 18 years.

Rod Peterson
10-04-2003, 4:04 PM
Don, if you're interested in having your shop posted on <a href=http://www.shoptours.org>ShopTours.org</a> let me know. I would like to see another two or three pictures, though. Maybe include the other side (left of first picture) of the shop and the end of the shop (right of the first picture).

Also, you mentioned the band saw table; might be nice to see a detail of that for the full blown tour.

I can do the same thing Aaron did as far as brightness and contrast are concerned, so don't worry too much about the quality of the shots. Just give me something to work with.

Don Farr
10-05-2003, 5:35 PM
Rod, I thank you very much for the invitation, but I do not feel that my shop is yet worthy. It is a work in progress and there is still a lot to do. At present I would not want to show the rest of the shop. I will certainly be in touch as soon as I complete some major projects.

Tom Stovell
10-05-2003, 8:33 PM
Nice looking shop you've got there. I, too, am envious of the space. It would be nice to have a bit more room, but then, when is enough, enough?

Thanks for sharing.

Tom

David Blangger
10-05-2003, 9:54 PM
Don,

That is a great sanctuary...errr I mean shop and Aaron really makes it come to life...

Rod Peterson
10-06-2003, 12:39 AM
<br>
> <i><font color="blue">...but I do not feel that my shop is yet worthy. It is a work in progress and there is still a lot to do. At present I would not want to show the rest of the shop.</font></i>
<br>
We specialize in <i>works-in-progress</i> at <a href=http://www.shoptours.org>ShopTours.org</a>. Have you seen Dale Sherman's tour? Take a look at it and then get back to me. I think we have a spot opening up for you...

Carl Eyman
10-06-2003, 1:57 PM
Color me GREEN with ENVY But kidding aside, it shows you've done an awful lot of good work setting it up, Carl