PDA

View Full Version : Triangular Box

Ben Werner
08-11-2006, 9:51 AM
well the experiment was a success so I made a larger version :D. Unfortunatly after I hollowed out the box the nice tight tenon fit I had became a slightly loose fit. :o:( other then that I think its a beauty. Tell me what you think!
mineral oil and then Shellac. IMHO I advise people to not put a friction finish on a off axis piece:o, Its hard to get the required heat off of a triangle...;)
It is 5 in high and from center to point it is 1 3/4,but the main circle diameter is about 3 give or take.

Joe Fisher
08-11-2006, 9:52 AM
Ben,

That is nine kinds of cool :cool: Very, very nice.

Ok, maybe ten ;) Did you post a how-to?

-Joe

Don Baer
08-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Ben very nice multi Axis turn ing. My one citicism is the final doesn't look right. Can't put my hand on it but it could somehow be better.

Ben Werner
08-11-2006, 11:31 AM
no I did not post a how to. Are you asking for one and would you like me to make one?? if you do I can maybe make one.... if I feel like making another box that is :D:p;):cool:

I agree about the finial but I ran out of wood. I just barly got rid of the mark of the live center from the tailstock...

Thanks
Ben

Corey Hallagan
08-11-2006, 2:12 PM
Great job Ben, It looks great. I would love to see a how to as well!

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
08-11-2006, 3:23 PM
Yep Ben thats a beauty. Post a how to. I would like to know. Ben how about if you had turned of the little final and just left the depression? I think that would look pretty cool also. Just a thought. Nice job.

Ben Werner
08-11-2006, 11:25 PM
hmmmm removing it could look good.... or really bad.... I'll sleep on it.

I need a break before doing another triangular box.... much more sanding then I Like to do :o:p When I do do another though I'll make a pictorial as I go. then post it up with explanations, and step by step instructions. :D I bet your all like this right now: :confused::confused: Hee hee :p:D Youll be showing yours off soon enough. Though I do have a few projects I'm planing on first.... just wait a couple of weeks, It will be up before school, If its not by then then its not coming up. :eek:
Thanks for all the comments