PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
08-11-2006, 7:43 AM
Friday August 11th, 2006

Well, here it is another week coming to a close. Another weekend to have fun, get some work done, relax, take a trip or just do nothing.

Me???? I don't have a clue [which is SOP most of the time], other than some golf Saturday morning. I'm just gonna let it happen, whatever that may be. :eek: :D :D

So what are you going to do this weekend?? As always, make it safe and have fun.

Karl

Bob Childress
08-11-2006, 8:28 AM
Well, in full kitchen remodeling mode this weekend. Convert 220 to 110 for new cooktop, install new countertop substrate, cut holes for sink, cooktop. Hope I cut them right the first time.:eek: (Plan B--back to BORG for more ply, recut counters, reinstall, cut holes again.) Then tile the counters and grout.

Plumber coming Monday to install D/W and sink so no excuses.:D

Have a great weekend everyone!

Randy Long
08-11-2006, 8:36 AM
Hi,
I plan on getting my next project out of my head, on paper and into motion. That will mean getting wood from the LLS.

Oh the project is not in any for I can share yet. It is a book shelf kinda sorta. It will definatly NOT be rectangular. That is not saying that there is anything wrong with rectangular book case/shelves, I just want something vastly differant.

Watch for it. I'll post it in a couple of weeks.

Randy

Randy Long
08-11-2006, 8:38 AM
So what are you going to do on Sunday? HaHa.

Russ Massery
08-11-2006, 8:54 AM
Finally getting back into the shop. So that means I can finally get back to working on the kicthen table.:rolleyes:

Mark Pruitt
08-11-2006, 8:57 AM
Plan to break in the new Vari-Grind jig and put an Irish grind on a couple of bowl gouges, and a fingernail grind on a spindle gouge; and make some shavings!:) Then, when I'm done with that I'm gonna make some more! And unless the weather guys are wrong, it should be nice enough to work with the doors up this weekend.:) :)
Have a great weekend,
Mark

John Timberlake
08-11-2006, 9:23 AM
No woodworking this weekend. Going to Michigan for F&I re-enactment. Sunny and 75 sounds like good weather with lows in the 50's for good sleeping.

Steve Hayes
08-11-2006, 9:28 AM
Pulling stumps. What a weekend.

Jim Becker
08-11-2006, 9:31 AM
Likely a lot of landscaping stuff around the new driveway...much of it with a big orange power tool. But I'll also "try" to get in the shop to work on the candle stand if I can...I never know these days...

Don Baer
08-11-2006, 10:59 AM
I plan on taking half a day off today to get a start on finishing cleaning, and organinsing my new temp shop I'll finish installing more 110 recepticles and hopefully on Sunday be in a position where I can actually turn a few things. Oh and since I got the Satelite hooked up in the shop, I'll also be watching Nascar.

Robert Mayer
08-11-2006, 11:28 AM
I have been testing out different finishes on a scrap of purpleheart before I actually stain the coffee table top. Its driving me crazy because I cant find any that I like.

Chuck Trisdale
08-11-2006, 11:54 AM
I am sanding tonight, then going first thing in the morning to pick the granite for the top, then coming back and Paint, Sand, Paint, Sand, Paint, Sand etc.

Then I have to work Sunday afternoon after church - yuck. And this is the first weekend to get back down to 90 degrees around here...

David Duke
08-11-2006, 1:28 PM
Hope to finish assemble my present project tomorrow and possibly begin finish work on Sunday. Sometimes this weekend hope to be visiting with the boys and probably go visit my Mom Sunday evening.

Lars Thomas
08-11-2006, 1:56 PM
I'll be kicking off a project for some cabinets from my wife's work area. They will be cherry flat panel. When done, it should look something like this . . .

Mike Weaver
08-11-2006, 2:13 PM
Tomorrow, it's off to Cub Scout Resident Camp with my Bear Cub Scout.

I'm really looking forward to it.

But, tonight is moving stuff to prepare for painting the office before laying cherry hardwood floors n another week.

Have a fun & safe weekend everyone!
-Mike

Bruce Page
08-11-2006, 2:54 PM
We’re getting the house tiled next week so I will be busy removing baseboards & moving furniture and appliances. :(
I'd much rather be working in the shop!

Al Willits
08-11-2006, 3:55 PM
Wife has a charity golf game on monday, so Sat morn will be on a golf course, come home, short nap then off to battle the jointer/plainer set up again, clean the garage some more, and hopefully make/start anyway a couple of cabinets for the garage, figure that will wipe out the weekend.

Temps in the low 80's so after three weeks of 90's, it will be very nice to be outside.

Al

Mike Leigh
08-11-2006, 4:08 PM
well, first thing Sat. morning, our walk, and then we will be out looking for some antique (?)(sp?)white ceramic knobs and brass handles for my daugher's Tarot box. That, btw, is still in need of a good final sanding and staining. Also my ball-und-chain has got me going with her to look at trivet tiles for a do-dad that she's making.
Was over at Home Depot ( personally like Lowe's a lot better, but have a H.D. gift card to get rid of) this morning and picked up enough craft board and etc., to make the LOML her sewing thread spool holder. Is looking at a wall mounted situation now, but may gibe it feet so it will be able to stand up on her sewing table. Is using poplar for hers, and if it goes ok, will make my daughter one in oak (so, you can see who rates! :D).
Sunday is up for grabs, our walk accented with a stroll by the Sunday outdoor market, get some un-nuked, overpriced veggies, and then probably will work on one of a zillion things on my to-do list.
Guys, have a good one!

Tim Morton
08-11-2006, 5:27 PM
Started the wekend off early with a day off. I am wrestling with some RR ties and some sucker trees trying to find a flat(enough) spot to build a shed, or as my wife has taken to calling it...the "garden cottage". So far I am losing badly....i'll hit it again the morning after hopefully watching the red sox kick the crap out of someone bad enough for me to thnk they still have a chance this year.....:cool:

Michael Pfau
08-11-2006, 5:58 PM
I am in the middle of painting my house, soo this weekend I will have brush in hand! Need to get this behind me, so I can get back in the shop!

Dennis Peacock
08-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Howdy Karl,

I plan on spending some needed time in the shop this weekend since the temps will be under 100 degrees. Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!

Still working on the computer desk....not fulltime or even parttime, just as I get time that is. I'm helping Mark Cothren make his daughter a baby crib and I have to make 6 wooden chest handles by Sunday to give to our music minister for his new babies chest-o-drawers that they got at a yardsale.
It's back to playing bass on Sunday again, more family time on Sunday and then it's back to the "grind" on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone!!