PDA

View Full Version : Woodsucker Gloat

Jerry Todd
09-30-2003, 7:49 PM
Recently got my new woodsucker up and running. So far so good, great suction. Thanks for all the advice on building an insulated closet around it to reduce the noise. The closet did cause one problem, pressure was building up and that reduced the suction. Larry from Woodsucker advised me to run a 8" duct from the air outlet back into the workshop. That did the trick and greatly improved the suction. It is still loud but not loud enough for me to wear ear protection. Have a 50' run on one wall and about a 18' run on another wall. All six inch metal duct. Happy with it so far.

Dave Hammelef
09-30-2003, 8:55 PM
Where is the other half of the unit. The part with the filter????

Jerry Todd
09-30-2003, 9:12 PM
Where is the other half of the unit. The part with the filter????
It's there, it does not show in the picture because the cyclone portion of the unit is blocking the view of the filter. The only way to take the picture is from outside the small closet.
Jerry

Derek Arita
10-01-2003, 12:20 PM
How are you controlling the unit? Do you have a remote on it?

Alan Turner
10-01-2003, 12:32 PM
Recently got my new woodsucker up and running. So far so good, great suction. Thanks for all the advice on building an insulated closet around it to reduce the noise. The closet did cause one problem, pressure was building up and that reduced the suction. Larry from Woodsucker advised me to run a 8" duct from the air outlet back into the workshop. That did the trick and greatly improved the suction. It is still loud but not loud enough for me to wear ear protection. Have a 50' run on one wall and about a 18' run on another wall. All six inch metal duct. Happy with it so far.
Good DC is on my short list of corded tools, and I am between a Woodsucker (Larry seems a nice fellow) and Oneida. Why did you make the decision you did? What persuaded you? Price? Quality? Small owner-operated company? Curious about your reasoning. Stats are very close. Thx.

Dennis McDonaugh
10-01-2003, 4:34 PM
Good DC is on my short list of corded tools, and I am between a Woodsucker (Larry seems a nice fellow) and Oneida. Why did you make the decision you did? What persuaded you? Price? Quality? Small owner-operated company? Curious about your reasoning. Stats are very close. Thx.

Alan, I bought a Woodsucker a couple of years ago when it was cheaper than the Oneida and had a 2hp vs a 1 1/2 hp motor.

Jerry Todd
10-01-2003, 6:09 PM

Alan,
The main reason I purchased the Woodsucker was recommendations from other woodworkers. Larry was very helpful both before & after the sale. He always returned my phone calls.

Don Farr
10-01-2003, 6:47 PM
Hopefully one day! Right now all I have is a Ridgid shop vac on steroids.
Looks like a great job.