PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Jason Sampson
08-09-2006, 2:39 PM
Hi guys and gals. I'm new here and just wanted to make myself known, insted of a lurker of the forums.

I like what I've seen here, and feel it will be a great place if I can ever get a laser!

Jason Sampson

Mitchell Andrus
08-09-2006, 4:18 PM
Welcome. We all started out "wanting one". I've made some friends here and picked up plenty of advice.

Hang around. We could use some fresh meat.

Mitch

Joe Pelonio
08-09-2006, 6:55 PM
Yeh, welcome. I hope you get your laser soon, meanwhile save the tips and files people share for when you need them.

Jason Sampson
08-09-2006, 7:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome Mitchell and Joe. Yeah the files and tips you great people share will be great if I ever get one! Well all I can do is hope.

Jason

John Esberg
08-12-2006, 12:06 AM
The market for laser work is still far from being filled to its limit. Often you can find that people can play salesman without a machine. If I were you, I'd look into this possiblity. See if you can team up with someone else and get a cut on sales you bring in to the company.

If not supplimenting sales, you can always start a good product line and make it grow by reselling products that you cut/engrave in bulk. For example, the www.laserbuzz.com product line is a great option. Please, take a look! If you have any questions, call the owner. Tom is top notch at customer support.

So, what are you hoping to do with a laser?

DAK

Jason Sampson
08-12-2006, 2:07 AM
In Feb of this year I went inot the hospital for surgery. I was just recently(2 weeks ago) released from doctors care(meaning I was not allowed to work, so my former employer let me go) The doctor said he did not think it would be a good idea for me to go back to factory work, and my town is mostly factories. The thing is I have no college education to find any other type of good paying job.

So, I want to try and get into business in something I'd enjoy. As I said where I live is mostly factories. However I was thinking of trying to get jobs from these factories. Marking parts, marking the tools of the employees. Working in wood and everything else sounds good. I'd really like to talk with someone and find out what type of jobs to avoid etc. And which to go for, I know there are things I've never thought of.

Our town as far as I've been able to find out has noone who does laser services, and only one awards shop. And the other local towns around have noone who does laser either as far as I can tell, if they do the do not advertise themselves.

I think I've gone too long and getting offtrack in places.

BTW I've looked at the Shopbot stuff and the carvewright.. Some of these seem fairly inexpensive(as opposed to a laser) especially the carvewright being 2000 or so. Can one make the carvewright and laser combo work even better? Or is the carvewright to limited in material handling size?

Thanks guys;
Jason Sampson