PDA

View Full Version : TS Outfeed Table "Topped"

Mike Hill
08-09-2006, 2:26 PM
Finally got another piece of Formica and finished the re topping of my out feed table. All went well and the practice on the Drill Press Cabinet and all of the good advice I got here on SMC made it easy. Anybody need some small pieces of white Fromica :)
Pictures below.

Mike

Roy Wall
08-09-2006, 2:55 PM
Mike -

That looks terrific! Great outfeed table.........good storage underneath === Good setup!

NIce job on the formica......

Chris Padilla
08-09-2006, 3:08 PM
Sweet stuff...you'll love the extra support for sure!

Keith Beck
08-09-2006, 3:31 PM
Mike,

Awesome job! Great outfeed support and a little extra storage to boot. I was going to ask how you liked your Brett-Guard, but then I looked up the price on Amazon. Never mind! I'll never be able to afford it anyways.

Keith

Doug Mason
08-09-2006, 3:33 PM
How did you attach it to the saw rail (i.e., did you drill holes in the saw rail and use angle iron to attach it to the outfeed table?)? And do you have a means of adjusting the legs/height in case you move the saw to a part of the floor that isn't even?

Mike Hill
08-09-2006, 3:46 PM
How did you attach it to the saw rail (i.e., did you drill holes in the saw rail and use angle iron to attach it to the outfeed table?)? And do you have a means of adjusting the legs/height in case you move the saw to a part of the floor that isn't even?

Doug: It is so heavy and full of tools. It just does not move. I have adjustable feet that you access through the floor of the cabinet.

Mike

Mike Hill
08-09-2006, 3:48 PM
Mike,

Awesome job! Great outfeed support and a little extra storage to boot. I was going to ask how you liked your Brett-Guard, but then I looked up the price on Amazon. Never mind! I'll never be able to afford it anyways.

Keith

Keith: I got the Brett Guard to work on the saw, but would not recommend it. Had to cut off the back of the guard and remove the anti kickback pawls to get it to work with the Biesemeyer splitter. Stoutly made, but I think there are better designs around.
Mike

Jim Becker
08-09-2006, 6:26 PM
Nice job, Mike....
----

And I took care of the duplicate thread for you.

Mike Hill
08-09-2006, 7:44 PM
Nice job, Mike....
----

And I took care of the duplicate thread for you.

Thanks Jim:

You are one of the most supportive members. Hope someday we can meet.
Mike