PDA

View Full Version : Request for a Leave Of Absence

Carl Eyman
08-09-2006, 11:24 AM
I may be off the Creek for a while. I am going into New Orleans for hip replacement surgery and will be sponging off my son and wonderful DIL during recovery. Recovery is defined as "until I can drive again". I'll probably have some access to computers while there; so I may be lurking. Be careful how badly you flame this old coot until I am back in full action again.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-09-2006, 11:28 AM
You are in my thoughts and prayers Carl! Heal well and quickly!

Don Baer
08-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Carl,
Good luck with the surgery. I'll be praying for a sppedy recovery.

Karl Laustrup
08-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Carl, speedy recovery. Glad you have your son and DIL to take care of you while you get back on your feet.

Karl

Bruce Shiverdecker
08-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Take care, Carl, and if I may; Do ALL of the Rehab.........Exactly like the DR orders.

My Mother who is 97 had her first one done over 36 years ago. At that time, the operation was supposed to only last about 15 years. She says that the only reason it still works is that she STILL does the exercizes each and every day. BTW her hip actually has screws, a metal plate, a metal ball, AND what looks, in the xrays, just like bailing wire.

They do it a lot better today.

Bruce

Jim Becker
08-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Heal quickly!!!

Ron Jones near Indy
08-09-2006, 1:07 PM
I'll be praying for a quick and complete recovery. Hurry back.

Jim O'Dell
08-09-2006, 1:08 PM
Hope everything goes well and you heal quickly! I'll say a prayer to that end.
We'll see you on the flip side! Jim.

Mark Pruitt
08-09-2006, 1:16 PM
Best wishes to you Carl! My dad had a hip replacement a couple years ago; today he hits the golf course 2-3 times a week, works around the house, volunteers in the community--he's almost 76 and doing great. We pray that you'll have as good an outcome.
Mark

Dave Richards
08-09-2006, 1:59 PM
Good luck with the surgery and the recovery.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
08-09-2006, 2:01 PM
Good luck, and no dancing!! :D

Bruce Page
08-09-2006, 2:08 PM
Carl, good luck with the surgery. I look forward to seeing you back here again.

Al Willits
08-09-2006, 3:47 PM
Best wish's and speedy recovery.

Al

Brian Huff
08-09-2006, 3:55 PM
Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers!

Brian

tod evans
08-09-2006, 4:53 PM
carl, you`ve got too much cool stuff to build to be laid up very long. heal quickly. tod

Ian Barley
08-09-2006, 5:18 PM
Take it easy Carl - listen to what the medicos say and let your body recover. Good luck.

Mark Rios
08-09-2006, 5:36 PM
Take it easy Carl. Please rest and recover well and hurry back soon.

Best wishes friend.

BTW,
...........and will be sponging off my son and wonderful DIL during recovery.

your son's not wonderful too? :D :D :D

Just teasin' Carl. Take care.

Scott Donley
08-09-2006, 5:54 PM
Wishing you the best Carl and a fast recover and dancing soon :)

Randy Moore
08-09-2006, 6:23 PM
Hope that you have a speedy recovery. Do as your told and then hurry back to the Creek. You WILL be missed.
Prayers are headed your way too.:eek:;) :)

Does your son and DIL have kids? You could spoil them while you're there!!!!!!!1:D

Carl Eyman
08-09-2006, 8:34 PM
Yes Randy, they do. 20, 17, and 13. So that's already been done. Any other suggestions? I have made lots of furniture for the two older ones. but the 13 yr old is a recently joined member of the family. I haven't yet made anything for her. We've been in design discussions. Maybre we can come to some conclusions while I'm there.

Dennis Peacock
08-09-2006, 8:39 PM
My prayers will be going out for ya Carl. Heal quickly and may the operation go without problems.

Tom Hamilton
08-09-2006, 8:42 PM
Blessings for a quick recovery. Seems the post surgery therapy is the key to a total recovery. So, hang in there and do your exercises.

Best regards, Tom

Bill Moser
08-09-2006, 9:00 PM
Carl -
So, what are you going to replace it with? Sorry, I'm a newbie here,
but still, I couldn't resist... Here's to a successful surgery and a speedy
and complete recovery!
- Bill

Corey Hallagan
08-09-2006, 9:03 PM
Carl, I hope all goes well sir. Take care and heal properly.

Corey

Jason Roehl
08-10-2006, 1:10 AM
Carl, I hope you heal up quick! My FIL had hip replacement in January, and he did all the exercises and is back to running his farm (pretty much had to within a month or so of the surgery). He still has his rough days now and again, but is mostly pain-free. He didn't sleep the first night after surgery because he tried to tough out the pain. Let them manage that for you, your recovery will be quicker. Oh, yeah, they also hooked him up to something that kept thumping the bottom of his heel, supposedly to apply pressure to and stimulate the hip. No wonder he didn't sleep.

I wish you well!

Vaughn McMillan
08-10-2006, 3:38 AM
...Be careful how badly you flame this old coot until I am back in full action again. Hear that boys? We're gonna have us a coot roast until Carl gets back! I'm bringin' the chips and marshmallows. Who's bringin' the soda pop?

Carl, here's wishing you a swift and painless (as possible) recovery. We'll keep your seat at the table around here until you get back. :D Sounds like you'll be in good hands until then.

- Vaughn

Robert Mickley
08-10-2006, 9:20 AM
Have a speedy recovery Carl, Mom had one done 5 years ago at 89. She is still getting around good.