PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's The Night...

Corey Hallagan
08-09-2006, 8:51 AM
Tonight starts my turnathon weekend. The wife and kids are leaving for chicago with the sister in law so it will be 3 and a half days of what I want!! I have 4 pens ready to turn to kick it off. Hopefully I can get a few pieces done this weekend I have been wanting to do. Pics to follow :D

Corey

Jeff Myers
08-09-2006, 8:55 AM
Corey you're cracking me up!! I know EXACTLY where you're at,,,with
kids homework, football, soccer, scouts etc....by the time it all gets done,
it's late and you're too tired to crank up the shop and start a project. The
shop's just sitting there calling your name. I love when a hole in the schedule opens up and you can score a couple days of uninterrupted shop time. Have a blast !!!!!

Keith Burns
08-09-2006, 8:57 AM
Corey, all I can say is...YOU LUCKY DOG !!!!!!!!!
Have Fun:) :) :)

Ben Werner
08-09-2006, 8:58 AM
Have fun!!! :D:D (you could turn me somethin while your at it :D:p)

Chris Barton
08-09-2006, 9:03 AM
I bet you'er even gonna get to eat pizza and have a beer without the "surgeon general's" warning. Hmmm, nice! I'll be looking for the pictures.:D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
08-09-2006, 9:07 AM
Someone set aside some bandwidth, we are expecting pics from Corey!! :D

3 1/2 days.......... dude, I cannot even think about that much time to do what you, and only you decide to do....:D

Bernie Weishapl
08-09-2006, 9:38 AM
Corey we ought to have a couple dozen pictures in 3 1/2 days. Have fun my friend. Make a pile of chips.

Scott Donley
08-09-2006, 5:10 PM
Corey, really, your first night, get out your old albums, put on some Stones, Steppenwolf, Moody Blues, or even Peter Paul and Mary ! A time to reset your mind and ask " what happened !" :) Have a glass or two of wine, a good nights sleep, and start turning with a whole new perspective in the morning. It works for me :)

Corey Hallagan
08-09-2006, 8:31 PM
Ohhh... man the games have begun!! I got 4 pens turned and the finish is curing for a final sanding tomorrow first thing. Photos tomorrow sometime. Got lot's planned.... couple boxes, shop mallet, first goblets, tooth pick holders and who knows what! I am really ready to rock and roll tomorrow! Photos will run a day behind... film at 11:00 :D

Now, I think I will have a couple Sam Adams and do as Scott suggested only I think I will pull out my old Clapton stuff! Later guys!

Corey

George Conklin
08-09-2006, 8:45 PM
Have fun, Corey.

Peter, Paul and Mary:confused: .

Corey Hallagan
08-09-2006, 8:52 PM
LOL George...nothing wrong with PPM though... I went thru a huge folk period myself.

Corey

Gary DeWitt
08-09-2006, 9:31 PM
Clapton rocks, especially the more recent unplugged, and the sound track from the Albert Hall Cream reunion of last year (rent the DVD if you havn't seen it, the extras are worth it too!).
Ahem, well, now back to our regularly scheduled program, turning.
You lucky dog! Have a good time, but pace yourself!:D

Scott Donley
08-09-2006, 9:39 PM
Have fun, Corey.

Peter, Paul and Mary:confused: .Kingston Trio maybe :D

Bill O'Conner
08-09-2006, 10:03 PM
maybe some early Dylan before he forgot how to tallk and just started mumbling

Bernie Weishapl
08-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Could throw in a little Joe Cocker or Iron Butterfly.

Barry Stratton
08-09-2006, 11:10 PM
You go dude! Can't wait to see the pictures. HEY, YOU COULD TRY A BOWL!!!! It's kinda like a box, without the lid.....and a few less chuck and rechucks.

I was more of a Stones, Aerosmith, AC/DC (the BAND!!!!!) kind of guy..... That slow stuff didn't git'r done.....

Corey Hallagan
08-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Barry... a bowl you say... now that would be something wouldn't it! Corey doing a bowl.... dunno man!

Corey

Barry Stratton
08-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Oh come on Corey.....PLEASE?????? I'm begging here........ Its just like a box lid, except easier `cuz there's nothing to fit.... you can do it..........bowl.....bowl.....bowl...... You can even wrap it in tinfoil for a finish - I've seen that somewheres and it looks GREAT!! ....bowl.....bowl....bowl....

Barry Stratton
08-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Oh come on Corey.....PLEASE?????? I'm begging here........ Its just like a box lid, except easier `cuz there's nothing to fit.... you can do it..........bowl.....bowl.....bowl...... You can even wrap it in tinfoil for a finish - I've seen that somewheres and it looks GREAT!! ....bowl.....bowl....bowl....

Don Baer
08-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Cammon Crey you can do it. If I can do a bowl on a metal lathe you can too. Here's a pciture of the first thing I ever turned.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23100&d=1125343458

I am sure you can do better then that.

Roy Wall
08-10-2006, 12:27 AM
Corey,

Have fun and STAY ON TARGET!!! Can't wait to see the pens.....AND -

A MALLET or two sounds great!

Mark Pruitt
08-10-2006, 8:18 AM
Could throw in a little Joe Cocker or Iron Butterfly.
Awwww, Bernie, now you went and said THAT! Now I'm gonna be walkin' around all day with In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida playin' in my head...:p :D That actually might make the day a bit better...:)
Mark

Andy Hoyt
08-10-2006, 9:32 AM
Croce, Mamas & Papas, Zappa, Tull, The Flock.

Man! I gotta go dig out my stash of vinyl.

Don Baer
08-10-2006, 9:58 AM
Don't forget Janis Joplin.

Keith Burns
08-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Don't forget Janis Joplin.

Now yer talkin, some serious music !!:) :)
Hey, ya might even throw in some Dueling Banjos for a little change of pace:) :) :)