PDA

View Full Version : Last ones......

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
08-09-2006, 1:24 AM
OK, unless I really start to scrounge up stuff to make into bowls, I'm going to have to find some more wood :eek:

I just took the last three green blanks out of the DNA bath.....

There they are drying somewhat before I wrap them with brown paper. The left one is the largest I've yet done, it just fit into the DNA bucket!! The right one is the chunk of Mesquite I got from Tom Jones in the blank exchange and the middle one is just another chuck of soon to be concrete hard red Keyaki:rolleyes:

and a bottom view

Here is the Spalted Blue Keyaki, I have a deeper one that is the mate of this one, my wife wants a bowl set, I hope to be able to make the two into something that matches.

Pics of the Mesquite NE blank

and another, it was still a bit wet with DNA here, but boy I have to say I'm liking it, and is it ever nice to turn compared to the freaking Keyaki I've had as a steady diet, this stuff is soft and turns like butter, so nice, I can't wait to get this one done!

Thanks Tom!!

Cheers!

Barry Stratton
08-09-2006, 1:29 AM
I definitely want to see pics of those when you are done with them!

That DVR must be working out okay, eh?

Notice any difference now that you can see?

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
08-09-2006, 1:56 AM
Yeah the DVR, with the new stand make a big difference, now if I only had some skills :o

My near sightedness was always fine, but now I can see way across over there, it is amazing! :D

Going to wait a good month or more until I try these, I want to make sure they are DRY.

Cheers!

Bernie Weishapl
08-09-2006, 9:49 AM
Stu those ought to be some beauties. Can't wait to see those finished. Yep your getting into some serious turning. Keep it up.

Keith Burns
08-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Stu, it looks like you have some nice pieces there. I can't wait to see the NE finished:) :)

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
08-09-2006, 7:37 PM
Looks like you've been having fun, Stu. I look forward to the finished work.

Corey Hallagan
08-09-2006, 8:36 PM
Looking good Stu. I am sure they will be real beauties. Sounds like Japan is going to have some trees come up missing real soon!

Corey