PDA

View Full Version : Finally Finished

Eddie Watkins
08-08-2006, 10:32 PM
This took a little longer than I had expected due several unexpected events but I am finally finished. LOML wanted a smaller EC and happened to notice one on the cover of issue 165 of Wood Magazine she liked. I made a few changes so it would better match some of our other furniture and here it is. The main change I made was leaving off the glass doors for the stereo/ Satellite reciever/ DVD. I also made it look a little more mission rather than shaker and stained it a little darker. It was a fun project and seems very functional for our use.

Thanks for looking,
Eddie

Vaughn McMillan
08-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Very cool, Eddie. I like the modified style, and the DVD drawers are a great idea.

- Vaughn

Kelly C. Hanna
08-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Cool version Eddie...I like the vertical grain on the drawers!!

PS...how big is that TV??? :D

Corey Hallagan
08-09-2006, 12:46 AM
Very nice, I like it alot!

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
08-09-2006, 9:55 AM
Eddie that is a beauty. I like it. I really like the grain of the wood. You did a nice job my friend.

Eddie Watkins
08-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Thanks all,
I appreciate the kind words. Now on to a bedroom set for my granddaughter! The reason I left the doors off was because the old EC had doors that interfered with the signal from our remote and we left them open all the time anyway.

Eddie

Eddie Watkins
08-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Cool version Eddie...I like the vertical grain on the drawers!!

PS...how big is that TV??? :D

Kelly, the TV is 50", that's why I had to have a new EC. The old one wouldn't hold anything bigger than 36". I wish I had taken a picture of the particle board equipment rack and modified antique dresser we were using until I got this one built.:D After having an EC that covered the whole wall, LOML wanted as small a footprint as possible.

I'm still planning on stopping by your shop at First Monday this fall. It is just too hot right now.

Eddie

Lori Kleinberg
08-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Very nice. I also like the grain.
Keep up the good work

Ron Jones near Indy
08-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Looks great Eddie! What stain did you use? Looks like what I need for a bathroom cabinet.

Eddie Watkins
08-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Ron, I buy the stain from Sherwin WIlliams and it is a custom mix. Several years ago, LOML wanted a particular color so we took a piece of our trim in our house to a Sherwin WIlliams store and had them mix a color to match. If you notice, the color of the EC is the same as the trim in our house (or close, anyway). I can send you the formula of the mix they use if you would like.

Eddie

Ron Jones near Indy
08-09-2006, 1:25 PM
Thanks Eddie. We have a SW store opening about 7 miles from home. I'll take in a piece and see if they can come close. Glad to see the new store. With today's gas prices I don't like driving 28 miles (one way) to get to a SW store.