PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 1590...so THAT'S how a jigsaw should cut

Vaughn McMillan
08-08-2006, 6:31 PM
My new (refurbed) Bosch 1590 EVSK arrived yesterday, and all I can say is WOW! Prior to this saw, I have sparingly used an old B&D jigsaw (with the gold-color plastic body and little 8" power cord). I say sparingly, since using the B&D was never fun. Before that, it was some type of Skil drill/jigsaw combo that my dad had years ago. I'd never used a good jigsaw.

I'm working on a project that requires more cutout work than I want to do with a coping saw, so I splurged and got the jigsaw I've seen recommended the most here. I did a few quick test cuts last night, and you guys weren't kidding. The difference between the Bosch and any others I've used is like night and day. Thanks much for the recommendations.

And yeah, I know, no pics...didn't happen. But really, how many guys want to see a picture of a jigsaw -- one they likely have a version of in their own shop? I'll wait and show the results of the work I do with it instead. ;)

- Vaughn

Mark Rios
08-08-2006, 6:51 PM
My new (refurbed) Bosch 1590 EVSK arrived yesterday, and all I can say is WOW! Prior to this saw, I have sparingly used an old B&D jigsaw (with the gold-color plastic body and little 8" power cord). I say sparingly, since using the B&D was never fun. Before that, it was some type of Skil drill/jigsaw combo that my dad had years ago. I'd never used a good jigsaw.

I'm working on a project that requires more cutout work than I want to do with a coping saw, so I splurged and got the jigsaw I've seen recommenred the most here. I did a few quick test cuts last night, and you guys were not kidding. The difference between the Bosch and any others I've used is like night and day. Thanks much for the recommendations.

And yeah, I know, no pics...didn't happen. But really, how many guys want to see a picture of a jigsaw -- onre they likely have a version of in their own shop? I'll wait and show the results of the work I do with it instead. ;)

- Vaughn

Sounds like a cheesy cop-out to me everyone. Let's not let him get away with it......pic-tures....pic-tures....pic-tures...:D :D :D

Congrats Vaughn. They really are nice saws. The cutting effort is so totally different from any kind of older jigsaw. WTG.

Chris Barton
08-08-2006, 7:34 PM
The Bosch is a great tool but, noisy. Enjoy!

Bob Noles
08-08-2006, 7:39 PM
Vaughn,

Your reaction reminds me exactly of mine about a year ago when I tossed my B&D for the same model you now have. A dream machine in comparison.

glenn bradley
08-08-2006, 7:56 PM
I know what you mean Vaughn. I finally upgraded my 30 year old skil with a 1591. My reaction? "So THAT's what everyone's talking about!"

Corey Hallagan
08-08-2006, 9:58 PM
Yup, I couldn't believe it either Vaughn when I got my 1591. Like you I had just a string of B&D, Skill and other junk models. Great machineing on those things!

Corey

George Leicht
08-08-2006, 10:12 PM
I have one of those gold-colored, single speed B & D jig saws. It's better than holding the blade with pliers and sawing manually, but that's about it. I'm not exactly sure how long I've had it, but I know I got it for opening a savings account at a bank. Does that give you a clue?
George

Charlie Hans
08-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Vaughn glad to get your report on the Bosch I ordered one last weekend and got a notice yesterday that it will be here tomorrow. I ordered from CPO as was suggested here when I asked for suggestions for a good place to order one. From what you are saying I can't wait, I have also heard good things about this saw before I ordered it. I just had to wait for the right job to come along so that my tool clearence person would OK the purchase.
Chuck

Vaughn McMillan
08-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Charlie, pick up some Bosch jigsaw blades on the way home from work tomorrow. You'll need some. The saw comes without any blades...but I already had some Bosch blades on hand (with the T-thingie on top). The fine tooth wood blade leaves a very smooth finish.

- Vaughn

Steve Clardy
08-08-2006, 11:29 PM
I've been preaching Bosch jigsaws for several years now.;)

And their blades are the only blades I use

Bobby Wartman
08-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Yep, After you get a Boush jigsaw it will be a go tool and you will throw rock's at the B&D.

It is worth the money.

glenn bradley
08-09-2006, 1:02 AM
Agreed Steve. It was your recommendation along with others that steered me to it. Many thanks!

Mike Wenzloff
08-09-2006, 1:09 AM
I've been preaching Bosch jigsaws for several years now.;)

And their blades are the only blades I use
Yep, good blades. I use both them and the Festool, really long heavy buggers. They work really well, too.

Take care, Mike

Mike Cutler
08-09-2006, 5:31 AM
No Pics... Well I think ya' cut it out with that old B/D jigsaw, and you're just yankin' our chain.:D ;)

The Bosch is a very nice Jigsaw. I have a Milwaukee and it replaced a no name cheapo. Like ya' said the difference was day and nite.

I'm going to pick up some of these Bosch blades. They appear to be recommended highly.

Nice gloat Vaughn.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
08-09-2006, 5:43 AM
Great gloat, and at the very least you could have gone and stolen a pic from the net..........

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/graphics/photos/tools/b1590/b1590lead400x400.jpg

Looks like the real deal it does!

:D

Charles Wilson
08-09-2006, 8:35 AM
I bought the barrel grip version and all I can say is that the saw cuts wood like a hot knife through butter. Very pleased.

Chuck

Chuck Saunders
08-09-2006, 8:56 AM
I used to used the pneumatic Bosch and I agree that the barrel grip is just the best.
Chuck

Bruce Page
08-09-2006, 9:30 AM
Vaughan, I haven’t used the Bosch but I went from a craftsman to a high end PC and was stunned by the difference.

Congrats on the new saw!

Charlie Hans
08-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Hey Vaughn, Brown just left and the saw has landed, when I opened the case I was a happy man!
You said that I would have to get blades? Well there were three included in the saw case, in a package with a clear plastic chip guard it looks like. Anyhow I ordered some blades when I ordred the saw. Better check your case you may have them in yours also. Well gotta go plug it in and see how it works.
Chuck

Chris Padilla
08-09-2006, 11:49 AM
I had a Sears jig-saw for a few years (came in a red case) that I always hated to use. Along came the Festool so I know what you mean!! Quality tools are where it is at...they make your life easier and your projects go smoother. Congrats!!

Frank Hagan
08-10-2006, 12:49 AM
Same experience here ... had an old Sears and an old B&D jigsaw, and they both did cut things ... by vibrating the wood molecues apart. When I got my Bosch I was absolutely amazed.

They shouldn't be able call the cheap ones "jig saws". They should be called something like "faux saws" or "naugha saws".