PDA

View Full Version : Great Service, Thanks Freud

Norman Hitt
08-08-2006, 5:27 PM
Recently, I somehow lost a tooth on my fairly new Freud Rip Blade that I dearly loved, and was a little confused as to possible warranty, since I didn't even know when I lost it, (and truly didn't know if it was a small defect or some cause other cause, so I contacted Charles Mc Cracken via private email and asked him what to do and he responded on the appropriate action. As he directed, I shipped the blade for them to inspect, which was about a week before I had to leave town for the LOML's Surgery. A few days after I got down there, my buddy called me and said I had a package from Freud, so I had him open it, and it was a brand new blade. I did not know if it would be a warranty item OR if the blade could be repaired, and Certainly could not believe how quickly they responded, so my Hat's certainly off to Freud, and to Charles for his direction and help.

Thanks Charles, and Freud for excellent Customer service. Needless to say, I'll be buying more Freud blades.

I'm Ripping again, so Life is Good.:D

Mike Henderson
08-08-2006, 6:19 PM
Norman, Sounds like you received great customer service.

For future reference, would you mind posting the contact information you used in your communications with Freud? Whatever you have, but if you have the name of someone (other than Charles), an e-mail address, a phone number and/or snail mail address, it would be appreciated. Or if there's a web site with all that info, just point me to it.

Just in case I need to contact someone about my Freud blades in the future.

Thanks, Mike

Jesse Cloud
08-08-2006, 6:36 PM
Good to hear positive news about a supplier. By the way, if this happens to an out-of-warranty blade, a good sharpening service should be able to put a new tooth on for you for a few dollars.

Mark Rios
08-08-2006, 6:43 PM

For future reference, would you mind posting the contact information you used in your communications with Freud? Whatever you have, but if you have the name of someone (other than Charles), an e-mail address, a phone number and/or snail mail address, it would be appreciated. Or if there's a web site with all that info, just point me to it.

Thanks, Mike

Here you go P. Michael:

http://www.freudtools.com/woodworkers/customer_srv/cstmr_srvc.shtml

Norman Hitt
08-08-2006, 6:45 PM

Thanks, Mike

Mike, I don't have any additional names, pho #'s or e-mail addresses, other than what is listed for both Charles and Freud that I found when I went to the Member's profile for Charles here on SMC. (Most of the info was on the sawblade pkg, but was so small that I had a hard time reading it), and Since I had already sent him an e-mail with all the information and circumstances, including what I had and had not done with the blade, (through SMC on that Member's profile page), he said I could just ship it to the customer service at the Freud address, OR to Freud, attn. to him and he would see that it got to the proper place for inspection. The reason I had e-mailed him was because when I read the warranty, it referred to power tools, so I didn't really know how it applied to "Blades".

Mike Henderson
08-08-2006, 7:26 PM
Norman, Mark - Thanks for the pointers. I just thought Norman might have found a different link into the company.

Mike

scott spencer
08-08-2006, 9:05 PM
Charles has always done right by me too, and I try to return the favor by recommending their products when they'll suit the need.

Corey Hallagan
08-08-2006, 9:57 PM
I have gotten nothing but excellent service from Charles and Freud whether it is taking care of a problem or just asking advise. I love Freud products.

Corey