PDA

View Full Version : Need Feedback on Mini Max S250

john lawson
08-08-2006, 5:25 PM
I work in a small shop and my partner has an opportunity to buy a Mini Max S250 with a 96" slider. It appears to be in good condition. The price is $700.00, and he must move quickly before it gets away. He wants to buy it and replace his Jet contractor saw but does not have any knowledge of Mini Max or sliding table saws.

I would surely appreciate any feedback you can give me on this saw, good or bad.

thanks

john lawson

tod evans
08-08-2006, 5:29 PM
jump on it! but keep the jet for dados....02 tod

Paul B. Cresti
08-08-2006, 7:04 PM
John,
I am not sure about the S250???? I would guess that it is that ugly green color? Is the slider cast iron or alum? Make that the saw was taken care of and that someone did not destroy the bearings on the slider. My guess is that the older saws are replaced by bigger more sofisticated (electronic)saws. If it is in good operational order I would jump on it to.

john lawson
08-08-2006, 8:54 PM
Paul:

It does have a steel or iron slider. The color is not green but a mustard yellow. Know anything about it?

I tried to post a picture but the Creek software is too finicky.

john lawson

Paul B. Cresti
08-08-2006, 9:27 PM
John,
I all honesty I am not familiar with that machine or machines of that era. I think they still have linear bearings for the slider as I beleive that was a SCM design. The good thing about linear bearings is that they have been around for a while and companies like SCM & Martin use them with no complaints I know of. I have heard of complaints from people whom have used Altendorfs, that they can get out of alignment at time (different type of slider system) So long story short as long as the slider is tracking fine, cuts well I think it would work well. 700 just seems so low to pass it up....I hope a motor is included ;)