PDA

View Full Version : Strange BS blade question

Julio Navarro
08-08-2006, 4:04 PM
I am not sure how this happened or even if its wrong.

I have four BS blades. Two have the teeth hook pointing downwards when mounted on the BS and two have the teeth hooks pointed upwards.

Is this right?

If not, what happened and how can I change it.

Ive tried flipping, turning, the blade but the teeth are still pointing upwards. Doesnt seem right.

Only thing I can think of is that when I "unfolded" the blade it reversed, not sure though.

Charlie Hans
08-08-2006, 4:08 PM
you need to twist the blade sort of inside out to reverse the tooth direction, this happened when you unfolded the blade
Chuck

Erik Rudd
08-08-2006, 5:39 PM
It's like turning your socks inside out...

Lee DeRaud
08-08-2006, 5:48 PM
It's like turning your socks inside out...Except you don't normally need leather gloves to handle your socks. :eek:

Then again, I'd probably want some kind of gloves if I had to handle your socks...never mind. :p

Jim Becker
08-08-2006, 6:13 PM
Except you don't normally need leather gloves to handle your socks.

You haven't had the "pleasure" of meeting my older daughter's socks...the leather is optional, but gloves aren't a horrible idea when handling said socks! :eek:
------

Excellent question, Julio...I'm sure you're not the only one with this situation!! I agree that it's the fold/un-fold issue.

Erik Rudd
08-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Except you don't normally need leather gloves to handle your socks. :eek:

Then again, I'd probably want some kind of gloves if I had to handle your socks...never mind. :p

Very true.:D

Julio Navarro
08-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Thanks all, I sort of figure this was the problem. I will try again to see if I can reverse the blades.

The leather gloves is a great idea. Thanks all.

Julio Navarro
08-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Just for the sake of closure I managed to reverse the tooth angle on the blades in question by simply twisting the blade.

I used leather gloves to just invert the blade like turning socks inside out as Erik suggested.

Greatful as always,
Julio

Scott Donley
08-09-2006, 5:43 PM
At least you noticed Before you put them on :D Don't ask :)

Hoa Dinh
08-09-2006, 6:29 PM
Just for the sake of closure I managed to reverse the tooth angle on the blades in question by simply twisting the blade.
I think that's just plain wrong :rolleyes:

The correct solution is to reverse the direction of the motor :D

Vaughn McMillan
08-09-2006, 7:31 PM
I think that's just plain wrong :rolleyes:

The correct solution is to reverse the direction of the motor :D
When I had a blade like that, I just turned my bandsaw upside down. Only later did I realize I simply needed to turn the wood over instead.

Like Scott said, at least you discovered the problem before trying to cut with the teeth pointing the wrong way. (Got the t-shirt and the matching 32 oz. sports bottle on that one. :p )

-Vaughn