PDA

View Full Version : Senco Accuset

David Robinson
09-30-2003, 12:03 AM
Are the Accuset nailers from Senco any good? I know they've discontinued them, but I've a chance to get one cheaply (the 2" brad model). Were they a lower or higher line or just a different model from the standard Sencos?

thanks

Jim DeLaney
09-30-2003, 12:15 AM
Are the Accuset nailers from Senco any good? I know they've discontinued them, but I've a chance to get one cheaply (the 2" brad model). Were they a lower or higher line or just a different model from the standard Sencos? thanks

They were a lower cost line, by Senco. I really don't know what the actual differences were, though.

I've got three of them - two 18 gauge (½-1" & 5/8 - 2") and the micro-pinner. All have functioned virtually flawlessly for several years in my home shop.

If you can get a deal on one, I'd recommend jumping on it.

Harold Blair
09-30-2003, 8:16 AM
David: I have both the Senco 18 guage and the Accuset 18 guage. I actually prefer using the Accuset. It is better balanced (IMHO) and I have had no problem with it. Harold Blair

Bob Lasley
09-30-2003, 8:52 AM
David,

I have the micro pinner and the stapler. Both have worked great. Grab it while you can.

Bob

Bob Wilkerson
09-30-2003, 9:16 AM
I've had both the 18ga. brad nailer and the 23ga micro pinner for over 2 years now without any problems what so ever. The brad nailer gets used every almost daily at work. I like the exhaust blowing out the back of the handle rather than from the head as I don't get dust blown in my eyes when working closely. FWIW, I managed to pick mine up for ~60 each thru ebay. I'd say, buy them if the price is right and you'll be quite satisfied.

Bob

Jim Becker
09-30-2003, 4:55 PM
Good tools...and they "feel" good in the hand. I have the brad nailer, stapler, 15 guage angle gun and the micropinner and love them. Only the micropinner remains in essentially the same form in the Senco branding to the best of my knowledge. If you have a source for any remaining inventory of Accuset guns, they should be a nice addition to your shop. IMHO, of course.

Phil Phelps
09-30-2003, 5:09 PM
Good tools...and they "feel" good in the hand. I have the brad nailer, stapler, 15 guage angle gun and the micropinner and love them. Only the micropinner remains in essentially the same form in the Senco branding to the best of my knowledge. If you have a source for any remaining inventory of Accuset guns, they should be a nice addition to your shop. IMHO, of course.

Dead on target, Jim.

Jason Roehl
09-30-2003, 5:20 PM
Dead on target, Jim.

I'm with you on this, Phil.

Ken Garlock
09-30-2003, 8:45 PM
All your talk about brad and finish nailers got me to looking around. Right now at Amazon and Coastal Tool you can get a package deal from Senco. The FP41XP 15 gauge angled finish nailer AND the 18 gauge FP15 Brad Nailer as a package. At Amazon it is $249 and free shipping, at Coastal Tool it is $239 plus $7.50 shipping($2.50 less than Amazon.)

Being unable to pass up a deal, at least to me it was, I went ahead and ordered the package from Coastal Tool. :)

Jim Becker
09-30-2003, 11:22 PM
The FP41XP 15 gauge angled finish nailer AND the 18 gauge FP15 Brad Nailer as a package.

I got a similar package when I bought my Senco framing nailer a few months ago. The "free" FP15 is a servicable brad gun, but it's actually not even close to the quality of the Accuset I already owned. Mine didn't come with a protective tip cover for some reason and I find that on occasion, I have to reposition it to get it to fire. The one that came with the package really had a problem with that, but Coastal cheerfully replaced it (one day service after they received the bad one back from me). I like buying pneumatics from Coastal and also by the Flexeel hoses from them. Nice folks...with that small-town customer service ethic.