PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to IWF?

Chris Barton
08-08-2006, 8:38 AM
I am planning to be at IWF on the 24th for most of the day. Anyone else planning to attend? Perhaps we can have a SMC social event.

tod evans
08-08-2006, 8:41 AM
chris, there`s a slim possibility i can attend? hopefully i`ll know more about my schedule later in the week. tod

Ernie Hobbs
08-08-2006, 8:50 AM
I'll be there.

Marty Walsh
08-08-2006, 9:23 AM
Badges came in the mail yesterday! I hope to be there every day since we're sort of local.

Perhaps we can arrange a creeker get-together...?

- Marty -

Joe Blankshain
08-08-2006, 1:41 PM
I will be in attendance for at least two of the days. Would be interested in meeting some more of the Creekers.

Mark Rios
08-08-2006, 2:08 PM
Is it always in Georgia? Does it ever get out here to the West Coast?

nic obie
08-08-2006, 2:21 PM
Mark,

Next year it will be in Las Vegas.

Mark Rios
08-08-2006, 3:48 PM
Mark,

Next year it will be in Las Vegas.

OOooohhhh..........Laaass Veegaass......very nice.

If I buy anything at the show does it have to stay in Las Vegas?

:D

Thanks Nic.

John Lucas
08-08-2006, 4:35 PM
Is it always in Georgia? Does it ever get out here to the West Coast?
No, IWF always in ATlanta every other year. ALternate years, AWFS is in Las Vega. Used to be in Anaheim.

Brian Buckley
08-08-2006, 5:52 PM
Chris,
I will be there. It would be fun to get together with everyone.

Brian

Chris Barton
08-08-2006, 5:55 PM
Hi Everyone,

I say we all try to meet for lunch on Thursday. What say yee?

Brian Buckley
08-08-2006, 6:00 PM
Chris,
Lets meet at the Festool Booth at 11:45 and get Uncle Bob to go to lunch with us.

Brian

Jim Becker
08-08-2006, 6:07 PM
I really, really want to, but I don't think it's going to happen unless a customer conveniently needs me in Atlanta the end of that week. Of course, the last one I attended ended up, umm...increasing the investment in my shop. That's when I discovered Mini Max... :D

Brian Buckley
08-08-2006, 6:07 PM
Chris,
We could meet at the Festool booth and try to talk Uncle Bob into going to lunch with us.

Brian

Brian Buckley
08-08-2006, 6:09 PM
Jim,
You need a new 410 S. Sam could fix you up.

Brian

tod evans
08-08-2006, 6:13 PM
jim the mm website has a s40m unspoken for same with the 410elite s with a 10 ft slider.....02 tod

Paul B. Cresti
08-08-2006, 7:12 PM
Hey does anybody want to swing by and pick me up? NJ is actually quite close to Atlanta.....but then again you might not want to go with me as I might just "convince" you need to spend some money

Chris Barton
08-08-2006, 7:30 PM
Brian,

Great idea! Let's go with your plan. Who knows, so many Creekers may buy Festool products that Bob may want to treat us to lunch;) . Paul,

I will pick you up in Chattanooga, it's very close to NJ as well and I will be passing through on my way...:p

Jim Becker
08-08-2006, 9:37 PM
Nice try fellows...I really was hoping to make a MM slider saw/shaper part of my home addition project since I'm doing all the cabinetry, but the cost is coming in something like $75K more than I expected. So...I'm just going to have to remain happy with my cabinet saw and Festool MFT to deal with the tasks. Unless, of course, the Prize Patrol shows up... :eek:

Mark Rios
08-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Are there any Festool show special deals that we creekers should be aware of?

:D :D :D

Bob Marino
08-09-2006, 1:47 AM
Are there any Festool show special deals that we creekers should be aware of?

:D :D :D

Mark,

No, Festool generally does not have show specials. I hope to be going either Thursday or Friday and if there, would enjoy meeting any and all Creekers!

Bob

tod evans
08-11-2006, 8:05 AM
chris, i`m flying in on the 24th. i`ll be staying with marty and denise, hopefully they can put a strong back and a weak mind to work during the non-show hours? so since you started this thread how `bout figuring out where-n-when everybody is hookin` up? tod

Chris Barton
08-11-2006, 8:12 AM
Morning Tod,

Thanks for kicking this thread back up. The suggestion has been that we meet at the Festool booth at 11:45 on the 24th and do a group lunch. I plan to be at the show from just after rush hour (oh, 10ish I'd say) until around 3 or until 7. I am staying in Norcross so I will be fighting the traffic each way. Currently I am planning to attend only on Thursday but, if it really makes me jones for another day I may go back on Friday morning.

So, everyone reading this is invited to join us. Again, the plan is to meet at the Festool booth at 11:45 am on Thursday the 24th.

Chris

tod evans
08-11-2006, 8:17 AM
chris, i expect to be there, i`ll be the one that looks totally out of place:rolleyes: tod

Andy Hoyt
08-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Tod - When ya go to the big city there are two things you should remember to bring with you: Shoes and teeth!:D

tod evans
08-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Tod - When ya go to the big city there are two things you should remember to bring with you: Shoes and teeth!:D

geeze andy?.....suppose i can borrow the ol` ladys shoes but the postman is the only fellow in four counties with removable teeth and the only reason i know that is i found `em under our bed a few summers ago:rolleyes: guess i could ask to borrow `em for a few days but i wonder what`d be under the bed when i got home.....:(

Marty Walsh
08-11-2006, 11:15 AM
geeze andy?.....suppose i can borrow the ol` ladys shoes but the postman is the only fellow in four counties with removable teeth and the only reason i know that is i found `em under our bed a few summers ago:rolleyes: guess i could ask to borrow `em for a few days but i wonder what`d be under the bed when i got home.....:(

Tod,

I'll let you help decide whether we put a 12 gauge, .410 or .22LR in the gun rack for them city folks what causes all that trouble...

Heck, maybe I should get a bigger rack for the pick'em up and we can bring all three!

- Marty -

Joe Blankshain
08-23-2006, 1:42 PM
Are we all still meeting Thursday (24th) at the Festool booth at 11:45? Moving the thread back up.

tod evans
08-23-2006, 1:48 PM
joe, i fly in tomorrow morning. as far as i know marty and i will be there..tod

Paul B. Cresti
08-23-2006, 2:48 PM
Hey I am still waiting to hear who will be picking me up on their way down?? Well if I just don't happen to get a ride there I expect to see some pictures!!! especially of Tod standing in one particular boothe :D ...talk about being out of place :eek:

Marty Walsh
08-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Hey I am still waiting to hear who will be picking me up on their way down?? Well if I just don't happen to get a ride there I expect to see some pictures!!! especially of Tod standing in one particular boothe :D ...talk about being out of place :eek:

Paul,

Denise and I were at the show today. I hate to dissapoint you (and the pic police), but there's NO PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED at the show, NO EXCEPTIONS! There are signs at every entrance, and at the top of every escalator. And with all the convention center folks walking around, we'd get caught and probably booted from the show for sure! :(

Sorry...
- Marty -

Ernie Hobbs
08-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Where was everybody today? I was there at 11:45 and waited around for about twenty minutes and didn't see any SMC folks there. Did the time and place change?

Bob Marino
08-24-2006, 10:42 PM
Where was everybody today? I was there at 11:45 and waited around for about twenty minutes and didn't see any SMC folks there. Did the time and place change?

Ernie,

I will be there tomorrow and Sat am at the Festool booth.

Bob

tod evans
08-25-2006, 7:13 AM
mornin` ernie, i`m sittin` at martys house drinking coffee trying to prop open an eye. there where a few of us there, marty will post pics in a bit. sorry we missed you! i`m gonna give marty back his keyboard( it`s kinda hard for me to peck as he`s worn off some of the letters and i still gotta look what i`m doin`) waaay cool show! we intend to go back either today or tomorrow? pics are verbotten but we`ll try to get a few...tod

Marty Walsh
08-25-2006, 4:41 PM
As Tod said, I'm posting a pic (to prove we were there...:D ):

We snuck outside near one of the Koi ponds/smokers areas and had another attendee shoot this for us.

From Left to Right:

Joe Blankshain - Chris Barton - Tod Evans - Denise/Marty - Brent Lenthall

Ernie and Bob, sorry we missed you. We'll be back at the show tomorrow. Maybe we can meet up then. At least you have a picture so you'll know what we look like. :eek:

- Marty -

Steve Clardy
08-25-2006, 7:32 PM
I see tod's got his shoes on;) ;) :)

Corey Hallagan
08-25-2006, 8:40 PM
Looks like everyone was having a good time! Thanks for the pic Marty!

corey

Andy Hoyt
08-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Yer right Steve, but I can't tell if Tod brought his tooth with him or not.

Steve Clardy
08-26-2006, 12:14 AM
Me neither. Where's the zoom feature:confused:

Mark Rios
08-26-2006, 1:20 AM
I see tod's got his shoes on;) ;) :)

Them ain't shoes there Steve, them's stompin' boots. :D :D :D

Marty Walsh
08-26-2006, 5:04 PM
Folks,

Tod had his Sunday-Go-To-Meeting Tooth with him..and his best Sunday Stompers on! ;)

Here he is today...looking for all the other creekers that said they were going to meet us at the show:

Once again today, no other creekers were to be found...?

- Marty (and planed tod) -

Paul B. Cresti
08-26-2006, 5:10 PM
All I can say is I see that both Tod and I have the same barber! By the way I think he needs to get some lifts in those stompers of his......so who bought that very nice planer after Tod drooled all over it ??

Mark Rios
08-26-2006, 5:12 PM
All I can say is I see that both Tod and I have the same barber! By the way I think he needs to get some lifts in those stompers of his......so who bought that very nice planer after Tod drooled all over it ??
Tod bought it of course. He got it at the scratch and dent and drool price.:D :D :D