08-07-2006, 7:45 PM
Hi,
These were among my first projects.
http://home.wi.rr.com/rlongroot/projects/Walnut-Tables-03.jpg
http://home.wi.rr.com/rlongroot/projects/Walnut-Tables-12.jpg

I wanted something small but unusual.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-07-2006, 8:23 PM
Randy.....Beautifully done! I like the unusual design! What did you use for a finish on that walnut!

Randy Long
08-07-2006, 9:18 PM
Hi and thanks,
I use stain and top coat finish made by "General Products".
With this project I used an oil based Walnut stain and wipe on Oil-urathane( Satin).

Ron Jones near Indy
08-07-2006, 9:29 PM
Nice looking tables Randy. Have you found them to be stable? LOML really liked the design but was afraid the taller tables might tip easily.

Frank Hagan
08-07-2006, 11:43 PM
Very nice! I love the look of walnut, and the design is great.

On the tops, did you use walnut ply with edge banding?

Randy Long
08-08-2006, 5:39 AM
Nice looking tables Randy. Have you found them to be stable? LOML really liked the design but was afraid the taller tables might tip easily.

Hi Ron,
They are are more stable than they look. think of it this way, they are as stable as a table with the four legs inset about 2".

That said, If I had small children these table would be a bit of a tipping hasard. A toddler pulling himself up by one of the end table would probible tip it.

Randy Long
08-08-2006, 5:43 AM
Very nice! I love the look of walnut, and the design is great.

On the tops, did you use walnut ply with edge banding?

Hi Frank,
THese were made of solid Walnut.

Jeffrey Makiel
08-08-2006, 8:21 AM
Randi,
Between you and Mr. Valsi's posts, it's been a joy to login this morning. There's some nice design talent goin' on here!
-Jeff :)

Larry Norton
08-08-2006, 8:29 AM
They're all beautiful, I don't think I've ever seen a finish that looked that good! The degree of sheen is absolutely perfect.

Randy Long
08-08-2006, 10:41 AM
They're all beautiful, I don't think I've ever seen a finish that looked that good! The degree of sheen is absolutely perfect.

When I see some of the shops some of the other menbers here, I seem like such a novice. I do my work in a 1 car garage with only bench top tools that I have to keep on a shelf 6 ft off the ground when not in use. I feel that I'm just out of that "wood butcher" stage.