PDA

View Full Version : VFW Logo EPS

Tom Cullen
08-07-2006, 6:46 PM
Hi All,
Seems like I'm always asking for something ( sorry about that ), I have a job to do for my local VFW and was wondering if anyone has the VFW logo in EPS format? I know I can buy it on the internet but thought I would try here first. I have a bunch of milatary medals and logos but wouldn't ya know ! not that one.

Joe Pelonio
08-07-2006, 7:38 PM
Here you go. Usual disclaimer about using copyrighted material. It's a zipped eps file.

Tom Cullen
08-07-2006, 8:03 PM
Thanks Joe,
I owe you one; I have unzipped the file and saved it to a folder but when I open it I just get a grey box with the file name and Corel draw 10 written within it. I'm using Corel 12, am I missing something? I don't think there will be a copy right issue if the local VFW hall comissions the job?? hope not! but I will check to be safe. Again , thanks for your help Joe.

Tom

Dave Jones
08-07-2006, 8:24 PM
Have you tried importing it into a blank new drawing, instead of opening it outright?

Tom Cullen
08-07-2006, 8:37 PM
Sure have Dave,
no luck there either, and I also tried to open it in Corel paint. That did work but I was unable to save it again as an EPS .

Tom

Tom Cullen
08-07-2006, 8:52 PM
I found this on a Google search,
it would suggest that the file would have to exported the way it say's first and then zipped?

The EPS Export dialog box in CorelDRAW permits the user to choose whether or not a header is generated (disabling this option will result in a gray box being displayed on screen when the EPS file is opened or imported

Tom

Dave Jones
08-07-2006, 8:54 PM
See if this works.

Tom Cullen
08-07-2006, 9:05 PM
Finally figured it out , what you have to do is say "open" rather than import , then group it and save.

Thanks to all for the help

Tom

Joe Pelonio
08-08-2006, 9:19 AM
Sorry I wasn't online last night to tell you this, but usually that grey box means you tried to import it as an .eps and you needed to import it as a
"postscipt interpreted" in Corel 12. Glad you got it to work. By the way as a sign maker I have hundreds of vector logos and am happy to share.

Tom Cullen
08-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Thank you Joe and Dave,
If I can ever help you guy's with anything don't hessatate to ask. Joe I contacted a VFW board member for the area and he said everything is cool with using the logo. It's going to be used as part of four 18x18 granite tiles surrounding the base of the flag outside a local VFW hall. I will post photos when it is complete. Thanks again guy's , you were a huge help.

Tom