PDA

View Full Version : 10% discount

Lee Schierer
08-07-2006, 12:28 PM
I was in the local Lowes store this weekend buying some materials for my shop and as usual I picked the wrong check out line and got behind a guy buying a jaccuzzi that they couldn't locate in the store computer to get a price on it. While we were waiting in line, one of the other cashiers came over to the lady operating the one we were in line for and asked for her pass card for a "military discount".

When we finally got to the register, I asked the lady, who happened to be the head cashier, what was the story on the "military discount" She said anyone with a military I.D. card was given 10% off their total purchase. So I immediately pulled out my ID card and she deducted 10% from the bill, no fuss no muss. She said they have been doing this for some time. I don't know if it is just our local store or whether this is a national program. It won't hurt to ask.

Just wanted to make the rest of you aware of this. My apologies if this was posted before and I missed it.

Brad Thompson
08-07-2006, 1:25 PM
Lee,
Any idea if this is just for AD folks?
Thanks,
Brad

Bruce Shiverdecker
08-07-2006, 7:09 PM
Thanks Lee...........Wonder if it works for us "OLD SALTS", too?

Bruce

Brian Hale
08-07-2006, 8:19 PM
LOML is a DOD employee. I wonder if that's close enough....

Brian :)

Lee Schierer
08-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Lee,
Any idea if this is just for AD folks?
Thanks,
Brad

The impession I got was that any ID card would work. Mine is a red reserve ID. I heard that retired cards also work. I don't know if a dependents ID card would work though. I suppose next time we buy something there that I should have LOML try her card. I also heard on another forum that HD will do the same deal if you ask for it.

Chet Parks
08-21-2006, 5:25 PM
I took a photo copy of my honorable discharge from the Marine Corps into HD and got the discount.

Chet Parks

Mark Rios
08-21-2006, 5:50 PM
Do you only get a 5% discount if you got a DIShonorable discharge?

What if they gave you absolutely nothing when they kicked you out and said "Get the xxxx outta here and never come back". What kinda discount do you get then?

:D :D :D