PDA

View Full Version : Claro Walnut bowl from LOML!

Forrest Price
08-07-2006, 1:01 AM
Well, LOML decided enough was enough, and jumped back into turning this morning. MY BIL brought up some nice claro pieces from California when they visited last month, so she grab one of those and did this bowl hoping to send it to him as a thank you.

Needless to say, she hasn't lost the touch or her eye for form! This bowl is 7 1/4" x 2 1/2", has 1/8" walls and weighs in at only 3 ounces! A pleasure to hold.

Now for the rest of the story......you all know what it's like to look at something on the lathe, and think "maybe just a shave more off the bottom"....yup, you guessed it. That last tiny shave was all it took to go from gorgeous bowl, to gorgeous funnel!:eek:

She took it in great stride, shrugged and said "Oh well, I'll turn a plug for the bottom and keep it for myself."

Corey Hallagan
08-07-2006, 8:38 AM
Very nice indeed Forrest! Congrats to the wife!

Corey

Dennis Peacock
08-07-2006, 8:56 AM
Very nice turning Forrest....with turning like that? It's pretty evident that she's actually pretty good at the lathe. Ya'll make a great couple Forrest. I wish the LOML would turn, but she just simply will not get on the lathe or run any of my ww'ing tools. Says she'd rather stick to sewing and leave the wood to me. ;)

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
08-07-2006, 9:28 AM
That's a great piece, Forrest. Congrats to the LOYL!

Keith Burns
08-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Congrats to your wife ! It's obvious she has the talent. Great job:) :)

Bernie Weishapl
08-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Tell your wife congrats Forrest. I like Claro Walnut. I like Dennis wish my wife would try some turning and has said she might try a pen someday but for now her sewing and crafts keep her busy. It is great that the two of you can do turning.

Ernie Nyvall
08-07-2006, 9:04 PM
She did a wonderful job on that form Forrest.

Bruce Shiverdecker
08-07-2006, 9:11 PM
Beautiful Bowl, even with a "plug" in the bottom.

You might remember my "OOPS" bowl from some time back. It just sold this past weekend. Go figure!

To Forrests LOML (Since she remains nameless:p ) Love the flow of the piece!

Bruce

Jim Ketron
08-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Nice Looking Bowl definatly worth fixing with a plug!
show us some pics when you get it done!